A Foreigner's Rap Sheet (editorial)

tropicalwaste
Posted
Posted

Firstly due to the way the media report on "foreigners" i would always just wait and see.. As it may be nothing as reported. I find the media in the Philippines very speculative and always quick to point blame without evidence first. Not saying they will or wont in this case but they often get it wrong. The Police clearance will only work if its computerised and easy to track people. E.g. the UK and US for example are full of illegals literally in the millions. Yet finger printing and scanning eyes are supposed to stop this? Dont think so there is always a way round the system. Its built that way for intelligence services to move freely. Only takes a bit of research and you can have multiple passports, bank accounts and names. What does seem to be going on though is tightening up on the banking system which im not 100% if thats good or bad as literally big brother will know where you are 24/7 and what your buying. So at some point no doubt they will interlink that with border controls and visas and hey presto.. unless you dont need money your stuck.But for the next 10 years there maybe just a quick print out sheet in the Philippines saying your not wanted anywhere. Data protection acts might stop the exchange of the other data due to them being spent convictions.

• 1 year later...
Call me bubba
Posted
Posted (edited)
A US police clearance? I didn't know police did that in the US. What indicated not wanted? I don't understand.
http://www.fbi.gov/h...d/fprequest.htmAn FBI Identification Record, often referred to as a Criminal History Record or Rap Sheet, is a listing of certain information taken from fingerprint submissions retained by the FBI in connection with arrests and, in some instances, federal employment, naturalization, or military service. If the fingerprints are related to an arrest, the Identification Record includes name of the agency that submitted the fingerprints to the FBI, the date of arrest, the arrest charge, and the disposition of the arrest, if known to the FBI. All arrest data included in an Identification Record is obtained from fingerprint submissions, disposition reports and other reports submitted by agencies having criminal justice responsibilities.The United States Department of Justice Order 556-73 establishes rules and regulations for the subject of an FBI Identification Record to obtain a copy of his or her own Record for review. The FBI�s Criminal Justice Information Services (CJIS) Division processes these requests.Reasons for RequestAn individual may request a copy of his or her own FBI Identification Record for personal review or to challenge information on the Record. Other reasons an individual may request a copy of his or her own Identification Record may include international adoption or to satisfy a requirement to live or work in a foreign country (i.e., police certificate, letter of good conduct, criminal history background, etc.)Can I request my own record for an employment background check?If you are requesting a background check for employment or licensing within the United States, you may be required by state statute or federal law to submit your request through your state identification bureau, requesting federal agency or other authorized channeling agency. You should contact the agency requiring the background check or the appropriate state identification bureau (or state police) for the correct procedures to follow for obtaining an FBI fingerprint background check for employment or licensing purposes. Who May Request a Copy of Record(or Proof that a Record Does Not Exist)Only the subject of the identification record can request a copy of his own FBI Identification Record.How to Request a Copy of Record 1. Complete cover letter.If for a couple, family, etc., all persons must sign cover letter Include your complete mailing address If you have a deadline (e.g., an immigration deadline), please include the deadline in your cover letter and on the outside of the envelope. 2. Obtain proof of identity, which consists of a set of your fingerprints (original card, no copies), with your name, date of birth and place of birth. Fingerprints should be placed on a standard fingerprint form (FD-258) commonly used for applicant or law enforcement purposes.Include rolled impressions of all ten fingerprints and impressions of all ten fingerprints taken simultaneously (these are sometimes referred to as plain or flat impressions.) If possible have your fingerprints taken by a fingerprinting technician (this service may be available at a Law Enforcement Agency.) Previously processed fingerprint cards will not be accepted. 3. Include $ 18 - U.S. dollars in the form of a money order, certified check made payable to the Treasury of the United States, or you may pay by credit cardBe sure to sign where required No personal checks or cash Must be exact amount If for a couple, family, etc., include $18 for each person If paying by credit card you must include the completed credit card payment form Credit cards will not be used for expedited mail services 4. Mail the items #1, #2, #3 (listed above) to the following address: FBI CJIS Division � Record Request 1000 Custer Hollow Road Clarksburg, West Virginia 26306 Please Note: If any of the above items are missing or incomplete, the request will be returned. Allow approximately 3-4 weeks for processing, upon receipt to the FBI. What You Will Receive 1. No Record Response � Consists of the original fingerprint card stamped with the stamp �No Record.�Or 2. FBI Identification RecordHow to Challenge Your RecordSince the FBI's CJIS Division is not the source of the data appearing on Identification Records, and obtains all data thereon from fingerprint submissions or related identification forms submitted to the FBI bylocal, state and federal agencies, the responsibility for authenticationand correction of such data rests upon the contributing agencies.Therefore, the rules set forth for changing, correcting or updating suchdata requires that the subject of an Identification Record makeapplication to the original contributing agency (e.g., policedepartment, county court, etc.).An individual may challenge the information contained in the FBIIdentification Record by contacting the original agency that submittedthe information to the FBI or the state central repository in the state inwhich the arrest occurred. These agencies will be able to furnish theguidelines for correction of the Record. The FBI is not authorized tomodify the Record without written notification from the appropriatecriminal justice agency.
Has anyone ever obtained "US Police Clearance" or "RAP SHEET"i have read that it is needed for certain visa types here(RP) and other countries. if you have ,was it "correct" or had "namesake" errors Edited by ed villas