Which Phils Bank For Online Transactions

Huggybearman
Posted
Posted

Having had several failed online transactions recently with my BDO account I am thinking of changing to a more efficient Philippines bank. Does such a bank exist? The latest incident incurred a loss of my Smart balance of several hundred php due to the failure of the online top-up going through. The top-up was to extend the validity which was due to expire and was debited to my bank account immediately, but was not followed by a corresponding credit to my Smart account. I am currently outside of Phils so an online top-up was the only option. BDO admit their system failed to carry out my instructions but say they have no responsibility for any consequential loss beyond re-crediting my account with the failed amount, which they have since done.

Any recommendations or positive experiences of banks in respect of their online performance would be very welcome. Thanks In advance.

Ken

• Like 1

Steve & Myrlita
Posted
Posted

I've had issues with BDO as well and have since closed my accounts. So far, BPI has done well.

• Like 1

Gratefuled
Posted
Posted

I have a BPI checking account. I never keep much in it. My wife has told me that customers have lost money from their ATM accounts. If and when I need some cash before the end of the month, I go to an ATM inside the bank and never in an outdoor ATM. 

One would say that I am a little insecure about being in the Philippines  but yes, it's true. I do not trust Philippine police, security, or government workers. This is not my country. 

Try explaining something important to one of them. . FORGETABOUTIT. You need to take your wife along.

Jollygoodfellow
Posted
Posted
I am currently outside of Phils so an online top-up was the only option.

I buy load for my Philippines smart sim here, https://store.smartpinoy.com/. Works every time. Probably cost a bit more but never had a problem and load is on the phone in minutes.

Just open an account and click on the Eload

Tukaram (Tim)
Posted
Posted

I don't know if BPI does phone loads...  never tried.  But they have a much better website than BDO.  They have lots of bill pay options, and just so much better interface.

• Like 1

Dave Hounddriver
Posted
Posted
I am thinking of changing to a more efficient Philippines bank

I have use 5 different ones and had problems with each (thats why I have tried 5 LOL)  but the problems are minor.  If you can call weeks of stress an delay trying to find lost wire transfers minor LOL LOL LOL  Conclusion:  I would not recommend one over the other.  I would recommend the bank where you can formulate a good relationship with the manager as she/he is the one who will be addressing all your problems.

• Like 5

starlet
Posted
Posted

Hi Huggybearman,

We have been useing China Bank Philippines (not Bank of China) for some years. And we are happy with it. They have branches all over PI, and their coustomer service is ok. We have been transfering money to various banks in PI and from Norway. Swift transfers. No problems whatsoever.

Their onlinebanking-service is simple but have all the necessary features. The downside is that the online standard transaction limit is 20,000 php, but only 25 php in transaction fee. (BDO has 100 php)  You can withdraw max 60,000 php over the the counter.

We find China Bank satisfactory for our use. If we need to send larger amounts, we send directly from our norwegian bank.

We have tried BDO, but was very disapointed with their online-banking and especially their customer service. No more BDO for us.

Ref.:

http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Chinabank

http://www.chinabank.ph/personal.aspx

• Like 1

OnMyWay
Posted
Posted
Their onlinebanking-service is simple but have all the necessary features. The downside is that the online standard transaction limit is 20,000 php, but only 25 php in transaction fee. (BDO has 100 php)  You can withdraw max 60,000 php over the the counter. We find China Bank satisfactory for our use. If we need to send larger amounts, we send directly from our norwegian bank.

I would never bank at a bank that charges so many fees like those mentioned.  p25 for an online transaction?  I have had to make a deposit into someones BDO account a few times and they charge me p50 to make a deposit!  Withdrawal limit of 60,000?  I withdrew p390,000 from BPI to buy a car a few years back.  It's my money, why would I have a limit?

I have always been happy with BPI and the online banking activities I do (bill pay, transfers, Forex) are all free.  I would give the online banking 4.5 stars out of 5, only because there was a period a few months back when it seemed like they were having some issues.  Those are gone now.  It is also nice that in our small town it is easy to get to know the bank employees.

• Like 3

Huggybearman
Posted
Posted (edited)

Thank you all for your views. I have also had some good recommendations for BPI so I will give them a try. They certainly can't be any worse than BDO! I think they should change their logo from 'we find ways' to 'we find excuses'! They seem very good at that.

Cheers, Ken

Edited by Huggybearman
  • Like 2

Call me bubba
Posted
Posted (edited)
The top-up was to extend the validity which was due to expire and was debited to my bank account immediately, but was not followed by a corresponding credit to my Smart account.

you need to plan on at least 4-8 days when using some online payments PERIOD<<<<<<<

#2 TRY or consider BPI they are OUTSTANDING in the online services,,

# when doping any online transaction double or triple the time you expect elsewhere to process the transaction.

BUBBA what do you mean?  I make a smart bill payment transaction on monday before 5pm, that is credited usually by

Wednesday,sometimes on Tuesday am..

,,,,at the same time I make a SUN transaction and that is not credited until thurs or even friday..

make mu mercloc power bill and its posted w/in 3 business days.

GO FIGURE

just don't wait to the last minute 

\

again this is just my opinion :unsure:

http://www.philippines-expats.com/topic/22085-where-to-put-your-opinion/

Edited by Call me bubba