Double Baptizimal Planning 5 Months Ahead

chris49
Posted
Posted

But it is a good exercise for Gina to demonstrate how to get things done if you really want them. Without going into debt or last minute panic.

Chris, on this I wish you well. In this House the last minuet Panic is usually the costly item, that no one saw coming. Last time it was an Additional Canopy and 30 extra Chairs & 5 tables. Try Finding those at a good Price, 4 hours before Kick off. :no:

JP  :tiphat:

I can see it all coming Jack and still can't do much about it. We are hiring chairs, tables, canopies in addition to what we get from Barangay. We have special guests, Snr Citizens, so we have a VIP Section. Tablecloths and whatever.

Here's my out. The full pension and Gina's allowance falls on the 3rd-4th. The event is 7th. We could spend most of that and have a very quiet month. Draw from savings if we have to,

• Like 1

• 2 months later...
chris49
Posted
Posted

We are 28 days out now from the baptism. 2 Birthdays fall within that week including mine, so all combined and that counts as a savings.

Gina did a new calculation, about 27k, rounded out to 30k because we will give the priest some kind of gratuity. That's 30k plus the amount invested in the pigs. One big pig to sell will bring in 15k or more.

House extension about to start under a separate budget. 

We have 2 kids, about 10 God parents on each side. Plus all active members of the San Juan Bike Club who are named on the side of my son. 3 Barangay Captain's, one is our Nenong. A few Aussies, coming up from Manila. A few local ex pats,

Drinks not included in the calculation. We have to assess who is staying late, but definitely drinks will be served in the afternoon and until later. Red Horse, 4 x 4 and Empi.

We are not yet in crunch time. Gina is cool, but she is holding the 3 large pigs, giving me only one to sell.

Problems? Yes there will be. Mostly budget, but we have another pension date 3 days ahead of the event.

• Like 2

• 3 weeks later...
chris49
Posted
Posted (edited)

11 days out, but Gina treats this as a 2 week Fiesta.

Starts out today with a birthday outing for our daughter, Jollibee, and Calesa riding, horse and buggy around Vigan. Got home, cooking up ginatuan and miki for the neighbours. I know nothing about it.

House extension. Suspended, one uncle is still harvesting rice. New date is Thursday, another guy a carpenter, a cyclist is coming over. Just 10 working days minus 2 holidays, I am not sure.

Father in law gets in 60 kg of milled rice for his work in the field, so we are covered there.

Pigs need more food, but the weight is only holding.

Chickens are big, still need more food. They are ready now but we still need to feed them.

WEDS: We are to attend a lecture on good parenting at the church.

THURS: Priest is coming for dinner with his attendants. The Virgin Mary is in our living room , and.....does it need more explanation,

FRI: since work started Thursday, have to be around the area. Roof extension covers the verandah and tiles to be laid over cement.

SAT: The bike club is dropping by for a merienda, we hand out the invitations, all of them are godfathers or secondary godfathers. Drinks in the evening for the workers as part of the contract, per tradition.

SUN, MON: All Souls Day, 2 days holiday.

TUES: Pension is paid but the time is not sure.

WEDS: Pension, Part 2, backed up by grocery shopping, then the extra items, oil, condiments, a few cases of booze.

THURS: If my calculation is correct the roof will go on. Tiling since Weds with another laborer.

FRI: Panic will set it in. The 3 pigs to be slaughtered and the all night cooking vigil to begin. The same uncle doing the roof is one of the lead cooks, with his wife and other relos.

Sat: Stay tuned.

Gina gave me a bill for 26k but probably incomplete. I have the house money but it's depleting a bit.

Edited by chris49
  • Like 2

Jack Peterson
Posted
Posted

11 days out, but Gina treats this as a 2 week Fiesta.

Starts out today with a birthday outing for our daughter, Jollibee, and Calesa riding, horse and buggy around Vigan. Got home, cooking up gintuan and miki for the neighbours. I know nothing about it.

House extension. Suspended, one uncle is still harvesting rice. New date is Thursday, another guy a carpenter, a cyclist is coming over. Just 10 working days minus 2 holidays, I am not sure.

Father in law gets in 60 kg of milled rice for his work in the field, so we are covered there.

Pigs need more food, but the weight is only holding.

Chickens are big, still need more food. They are ready now but we still need to feed them.

THURS: Priest is coming for dinner with his attendants. The Virgin Mary is in our living room , and.....does it need more explanation,

FRI: since work started Thursday, have to be around the area. Roof extension covers the verandah and tiles to be laid over cement.

SAT: The bike club is dropping by for a merienda, we hand out the invitations, all of them are godfathers or secondary godfathers. Drinks in the evening for the workers as part of the contract, per tradition.

SUN, MON: All Souls Day, 2 days holiday.

TUES: Pension is paid but the time is not sure.

WEDS: Pension, Part 2, backed up by grocery shopping, then the extra items, oil, condiments, a few cases of booze.

THURS: If my calculation is correct the roof will go on. Tiling since Weds with another laborer.

FRI: Panic will set it in. The 3 pigs to be slaughtered and the all night cooking vigil to begin. The same uncle doing the roof is one of the lead cooks, with his wife and other relos.

Sat: Stay tuned.

Gina gave me a bill for 26k but probably incomplete. I have the house money but it's depleting a bit.

That's Some Agenda my friend, I raise my Glass to you Both. :cheersty:

Jack :thumbsup:

• Like 1

chris49
Posted
Posted

We did that with the principal godparents.

And they had a Mass and so on. And all the neighbours came over, all relatives, we provided the food.

Meanwhile construction went on and everyone had drinks at the end of the day.Except me.

Lucky there's 2 holiday's coming up as this is being treated as a 10 day Fiesta. 8 days to go.

• Like 2

chris49
Posted
Posted

2 days out now, maybe I will give details later.

Family support has been good, excellent, above expectations.

Can't really pause to chat now, in particular happy with the house extension and will post details and anecdotes. The non matching tiles being a head shaker.

The cost. But this is the biggest occasion in the history of this family, so it's being played up big time. If everyone they invited showed up, OMG, let's hope not.

Probably next week can update.

• Like 2

• Forum Support
Old55
Posted
Posted

Hang in there it's gonna all work out things like this always do one way or the other.  :540:  :551:

• Like 1

chris49
Posted
Posted

13:37 PM.

Work goes on. Slight crunch but tiles slowly getting laid.

Food preparation, very early, but a gang of women is doing the fruit salad.

My pigs grew up when I didn't watch them day to day. 3 x 120 kg, nice looking. Did not fatten much, it looks like all meat. I'm going to say we broke even on the deal, but if sold commercial right now, I would say a small loss.

My contribution is ignored, but I'm with the worker trying to help.  6 tiles laid earlier got color washed out in the rainy season. Not much I can do except say it's a pattern.

An estimated 300 people from 3 barangays coming over.

• Like 1

chris49
Posted
Posted

Last hour. 

We are looking very good.

New bamboo furniture set just arrived.

• Like 1

chris49
Posted
Posted

We came through. And the celebration went into a second day, my 66 th birthday. (Same day as Steve Wooley's wife?)

• Like 1