Any Regrets

stevewool
Posted
Posted

For the people who are living in the Philippines ,

Most people say the only regret about retiring is, I  WISH I DID IT SOONER, but is this right for every one

So is this you or are you happy with what has happened so far, do you find that you have enough to live on each month and life is sweet, or are you wishing you did work that little longer and maybe you would have more funds to live on now,

The amount many of us will have will be enough but so many think is it, and we all would like more for the just incase,

Many will say just do it and live with what you have but it would be nice to hear from others who have done well with what they have and also those who went to soon also,

• Like 1

virginprune
Posted
Posted (edited)

I put my boots firmly on the ground yesterday. I wanted to retire at 50 but that was unfeasible for me. I believe now is the right time for me, financially it can work and importantly I have the correct attitude now.

Edited by virginprune
  • Like 3

cyberbro
Posted
Posted

Regrets?......... I have a few, but then again to few too mention. 

Lol Sorry I could not resist.

• Like 5

MacBubba
Posted
Posted
Regrets?......... I have a few, but then again to few too mention. Lol Sorry I could not resist.

You did what you had to do.

• Like 3

expatuk2014
Posted
Posted

I retired here 7 months before my retiring date, lived off our savings, bought a use Nissan urvan, travelled around a little had a retirement party in April 2012 paid for my Son and Daughter and Grandson to fly over for 3 weeks.

in feb 2014 knocked down our old house and rebuilt a new one ( 2 floors ).

still little things need doing.

Regrets ? only one really no Cider !, but I have found a decent and cheaper substitute san mig apple beer !

will I go back to the UK ? never !!

nearly all of our pension money has gone into the house rebuild but now we are doing ok !

still got the Nissan urvan !

Life here is good, we will soon begin to start travelling around this lovely country again !!

• Like 4

davewe
Posted
Posted

But hell I may be dead by then.  So now is good     :tiphat:

Always love how you look at the bright side, Tim :)

• Like 2

Tukaram (Tim)
Posted
Posted (edited)

But hell I may be dead by then.  So now is good     :tiphat:

Always love how you look at the bright side, Tim :)

That is what I am here for... to spread good cheer    :cheersty:

Edited by Tukaram (Tim)
  • Like 2

Ynot
Posted
Posted

I'm just jealous, I must still work for another 24 months then I can look at retirement!!

• Like 2

Gratefuled
Posted
Posted

No regrets for me. Maybe that's because I do not plan to retire and live here the rest of my life. It's been almost 5 years for me here. 

I look forward to the day my wife says to me that she is ready to emigrate to the states.