In General, Are Your Living Expenses More Or Less In The Philippines Than Your Home Country? If U.s. Please Indicate State.

i am bob
Posted
Posted

Would you believe I'm only spending P2800 a month?

No! but I might believe P28.000  :mocking:

:hystery:  Just saying attachicon.gifwink.png

Jack :)

Jack, you devil! Give me back my 0!!!

Yeah, that should have been P28,000... Oops!!!

• Like 3

• 3 weeks later...
CebuBound
Posted
Posted

I'm in a modest/mid cost area in Oregon USA. I have a nice but modest home and a decent newer car. I don't have a house payment or any other debts so it's just the ongoing expenses.

My property taxes and homeowner's insurance are about $3,000 per year or $250 per month or about what I hope to rent something for in The Phils. I also pay about $150 per month for basic landscaping service. Basic.

My car insurance is just over $1,000 per year. 

I spend about $2,000 per month on everything but it could be less if I had to.

I'm enjoying reading this thread and I thank everyone for the information. 

• Like 1

MacBubba
Posted
Posted
I was spending about p35,000 a month here, including rent. Now that my house is built I do plan on paying myself back some of the construction money...paying myself rent (into savings) as it were. But... with no rent... (and ignoring the savings) my monthly budget is now p20,000, and p10,000 of that is groceries, p4,000 is pocket money. I have n obills now except electric, and internet... it is nice You can spend as much, or as little, as you are comfortable with
I was spending about p35,000 a month here, including rent. Now that my house is built I do plan on paying myself back some of the construction money...paying myself rent (into savings) as it were. But... with no rent... (and ignoring the savings) my monthly budget is now p20,000, and p10,000 of that is groceries, p4,000 is pocket money. I have n obills now except electric, and internet... it is nice You can spend as much, or as little, as you are comfortable with

That is close to my wife's estimate.  With a house that is newly build and paid-up, she estimates that food, incidentals and utilities will be around 24,000 Php for two people.

That isn't our budget, but if we stay close to it, the rest will be savings.

• Like 1

bows00
Posted
Posted

We currently live in a studio apartment with very low pressure running water but no shower, non flushing toilet

Non flushing toilets? Really? Never saw one of those in the Philippines. Sounds pretty gross.

stevewool
Posted
Posted

We currently live in a studio apartment with very low pressure running water but no shower, non flushing toilet

Non flushing toilets? Really? Never saw one of those in the Philippines. Sounds pretty gross.

Get a bucket full of water and throw that in the pan and its all gone , simple

Tukaram (Tim)
Posted
Posted

They sell lots of the non-flushing toilets at the hardware store here.  No tank, just a bowl.  Nowhere to mount a tank...   just use a bucket.  Oh, and super short.  They look like the ones we had in the 1st grade wing of our schools in Texas ha ha...  Puts my knees up past my head (the big one)

I had very few demands on our construction.  A sit down flushing toilet, and a stand up heated shower were nonnegotiable  :)

• Like 2

Jack Peterson
Posted
Posted

I had very few demands on our construction.  A sit down flushing toilet, and a stand up heated shower were nonnegotiable 

Same here Tim but getting My Wife to use either Properly is another Story. She still insists on Bucket and dipper job to clean up and Bucket and Dipper for Washing.Will we ever win? :no:  

JP :lol:

• Like 1

• Forum Support
scott h
Posted
Posted
Bucket and Dipper for Washing

I know Jack, its just not right, spent a small fortune on a bath tub, tiled shower with a seat, water pump for pressure, and a hot water heater and Asawa still insists on using a bucket and scoop :th_unfair:

Tukaram (Tim)
Posted
Posted

She can use whatever she wants - as long as i have my pressure pump, and hot water.  And my bum gun... 

But having hot water only in the shower has spoiled me completely in shaving.  We heat my shaving water in the kettle so it is much hotter than the tap (even the US tap).  I LOVE it!  :tiphat:

• Like 5