Nepal

expatuk2014
Posted
Posted

this may upset many of you out there, but for me Charity means big Business !

And it also means Corruption remember Yolanda ? and the Charity workers staying in manila Hotels and the local

big wigs all driving around in their new 4X4,s and I wont mention those new homes for the officials ( damm I just did )

and why when I go to the local shops I can buy UK and US aid clothes

• Like 4

sjp52
Posted
Posted

You start at the top and you work your way down. The problem is not the corrupt people but the system in place that allows for corruption. Where I worked my boss was accountable for my work and the people under me I was accountable for. We were also accountable for ourselves.   I told the people under me that if they screwed up they were gone just like my boss told me. These corrupt people in government or any organization  steal because they no they will get away with it. There is no one above them willing to make sure they are on the up and up because there are no consequences for the higher ups if their workers are stealing. You need a top dog that is willing to ensure that there will be consequences for all, and they will out way the rewards of stealing. There also needs to be a policing department checking up on everyone periodically, following the orders of the top dog. It also helps if the top dog is an honorable man.

In my eyes charity and free go hand in hand. Everyone involved should be helping for free because they feel bad and care what happens to victims (of an unfortunate situation) that can not help themselves.

Many years ago lots of people were donating to help starving kids in Africa. Then the news that the milk the charity bought was making the kids sick because they were not use to it or something like that. Then more news that the grain and foods that they bought they could not deliver it to out of the way places where many of the undernourished were. Then the news that rebels were hijacking the trucks of goods and demanding payment for them.   A lot of these charities are not totally thought out and organized very well. A lot of people are starting to think why even bother to send my hard earned money if its going to waste or in some corrupt guys pocket.

We spend sooo much money and time on so many stupid and non important things in this world while the really important things like charity relieve are a joke.

• Like 1

Jollygoodfellow
Posted
Posted
and why when I go to the local shops I can buy UK and US aid clothes

How do you know they are? Also do you think that the receivers of aid necessarily keep it or sell it?

• 1 month later...
luisa jane
Posted
Posted

We can donate to different NGO's out there. In that way we can help the victims even without going there.

• Like 1

• 1 month later...
RBM
Posted
Posted

We can donate to different NGO's out there. In that way we can help the victims even without going there.

Or just do as we and many are doing. Find people that are trying, genuinely require help and assist with their infrastructure. Reward them for their achievements and scold them when their goals not reached. Do not allow them to sit back and just receive.

We have found this very rewarding and to see progress with them continuing their efforts is amazing. These people are out there just a matter of finding them.

• Like 2

sonjack2847
Posted
Posted

Or just do as we and many are doing. Find people that are trying, genuinely require help and assist with their infrastructure. Reward them for their achievements and scold them when their goals not reached. Do not allow them to sit back and just receive.

We have found this very rewarding and to see progress with them continuing their efforts is amazing. These people are out there just a matter of finding them.

Every month here a groupof expats give food and books to a local school a different one each month.

• Like 2