Your Most Enjoyable Visa Run

RonHenk
Posted
Posted

Looking for advice on a nice, relaxing visa run. I want to bring the wife and stay perhaps 2-3 nights. A good dinner, shopping and maybe see some sites. I'm leaning towards Hong Kong or Macau. What would you guys recommend? What was your best visa run?

p.s Wife is dual citizen Phil/USA. So destination is not really an issue. The purpose of the run is for me to get Balikbayan.

• Forum Support
scott h
Posted
Posted

Guam, perfect fit since she is dual,,,been there twice, once on a visa run, another cuase I like it

Dave Hounddriver
Posted
Posted
I'm leaning towards Hong Kong
 I did that with my former partner and we enjoyed it.  But it was her first time out of the country so it thrilled her.  I heard Singapore is another favorite of filipinas.
  • Like 1

RonHenk
Posted
Posted

I did that with my former partner and we enjoyed it. But it was her first time out of the country so it thrilled her. I heard Singapore is another favorite of filipinas.

This will be my wifes first venture outside of the US/PI as well. So I think the effect will be the same. I've always liked Hong Kong. But I haven't been there since the Chinese took over.

• Forum Support
scott h
Posted
Posted (edited)

Remember Guam is the good ole US of A.  With a 24 hour K mart, Texas steak house, Tony Romas, Macy's, Ross Dress for Less, USA type factory outlet mall. Taco Bell, Jack in the Box, Circle K convenience stores. And depending on your budget some really nice hotels right on the lagoon with really nice beaches. Oh and Rick's Pirates Cove, serves the best Hamburgers in the Western Pacific.

Don't know if you have a retired military ID or not, 2 PX's and 2 commissaries.

Cheap way of taking the wife to the "states" with out that 12 hour plane ride lololol

Edited by scott h
  • Like 1

Jack Peterson
Posted
Posted

p.s Wife is dual citizen Phil/USA. So destination is not really an issue. The purpose of the run is for me to get Balikbayan.

OK So, are you coming, here first then leaving with your wife for a visa Run or are you saying your Wife will leave on her own to come meet you? Then Enter with her for a BB?

Sorry but it has got a little confusing in Places. :rolleyes:

JP :tiphat:

RonHenk
Posted
Posted

OK So, are you coming, here first then leaving with your wife for a visa Run or are you saying your Wife will leave on her own to come meet you? Then Enter with her for a BB? Sorry but it has got a little confusing in Places. JP

Sorry for the confusion Jack. Yeah I'm coming there first. Wife is already there. Then make a BB run before my initial 30 days is up. Thought about having her meet me in my transit but the logistics are just to complicated. Besides I'm kinda looking forward to having her to myself for a couple of days.

Tukaram (Tim)
Posted
Posted

We just did a balikbayan run to Hong Kong.  Since it was my wife's first time out of the PI's we splurged a bit on a wonderful hotel (the Auberge).  We did a day at Disney, there in Hong Kong.  My wife loved it!  

• Forum Support
scott h
Posted
Posted

Ah sorry ron, thought you had been here for a year,,,,,You wont have been gone long enough for your mouth to water at the mention of taco bell lolol

RonHenk
Posted
Posted

Remember Guam is the good ole US of A.  With a 24 hour K mart, Texas steak house, Tony Romas, Macy's, Ross Dress for Less, USA type factory outlet mall. Taco Bell, Jack in the Box, Circle K convenience stores. And depending on your budget some really nice hotels right on the lagoon with really nice beaches. Oh and Rick's Pirates Cove, serves the best Hamburgers in the Western Pacific.

Don't know if you have a retired military ID or not, 2 PX's and 2 commissaries.

Cheap way of taking the wife to the "states" with out that 12 hour plane ride lololol

Thanks Scott I appreciate it. I do plan on making a Guam run at times. But I was looking to show my wife Some more of the world. She has only been to the US/PI.