Your Most Enjoyable Visa Run

RonHenk
Posted
Posted

We just did a balikbayan run to Hong Kong.  Since it was my wife's first time out of the PI's we splurged a bit on a wonderful hotel (the Auberge).  We did a day at Disney, there in Hong Kong.  My wife loved it!

Very nice. How much a night was the "splurge"? Is it near some shopping and nice restos?

RonHenk
Posted
Posted

Ah sorry ron, thought you had been here for a year,,,,,You wont have been gone long enough for your mouth to water at the mention of taco bell lolol

No worries Scott. Presently I have a Taco Bell 2 blocks up the street. BTW how far is Paranaque from Caloocan City. That's my initial destination. Not to far from SM Fairview.

OnMyWay
Posted
Posted

If you make up your mind.....

Cebu Pacific has an all-in sale now to HK and SG or Macua, from Clark, p1500.  Return is 2600.  From Cebu, p1500 to HK, SG or Tokyo.  Manila flights are p2000.

I booked Clark to SG for 2 adults, 1 child (11 yo, same as adult) and baby.  Total was p14466 including seats at p150 each both ways.  Baby is p500 as a lap child.

Good deal overall.  Sale ends tomorrow, the 7th, for travel thru Nov. 30th.

We went back and forth between SG and HK.  We decided on SG this time because we have someone to stay with.

• Forum Support
scott h
Posted
Posted
BTW how far is Paranaque from Caloocan City

About an hour with good traffic but depending on the time of day might be 2 hours lolol

Jack Peterson
Posted
Posted
Sorry for the confusion Jack. Yeah I'm coming there first. Wife is already there. Then make a BB run before my initial 30 days is up. Thought about having her meet me in my transit but the logistics are just to complicated. Besides I'm kinda looking forward to having her to myself for a couple of days.

Good Move in my mind, as it is here first time out of the PI and on here own it could have caused a couple of Hiccups.

Of course the same things may arise when you do decide to do a Run but at least you will be around.

JP :tiphat:

Tukaram (Tim)
Posted
Posted

We just did a balikbayan run to Hong Kong.  Since it was my wife's first time out of the PI's we splurged a bit on a wonderful hotel (the Auberge).  We did a day at Disney, there in Hong Kong.  My wife loved it!

Very nice. How much a night was the "splurge"? Is it near some shopping and nice restos?

I don't know the real price.... Agoda had the place listed at p20,000 a night but we got it last minute for p5,000 a night.  I would never pay p20,000 for any hotel ha ha... but for 5 it was not bad.   It is a very new area so not many restaurants or shopping yet.   We looked at a place in the city for p2,500 a night but the pics looked horrid.