Negros Occidental, Oriental Combined As One Region

Jollygoodfellow
Posted
Posted
What this means for you, probably nothing  :)

Negros Occidental, Oriental combined

Say hello to the Negros Island Region.

On May 29, President Benigno Aquino III signed Executive Order 183 (EO 183) which declared that all cities, municipalities, and barangays under what used to be Negros Occidental and Negros Oriental will now be part of just one region: the Negros Island Region.

A statement from Interior Secretary Manuel Roxas II on Friday (June 5) said the EO also creates regional councils that will focus on the different aspects of the region's well-being:

the Development Council led by National Economic and Development Authority

the Disaster Risk Reduction and Management Council led by the Office of Civil Defense

the Peace and Order Council led by the Department of the Interior and Local Government

Roxas added the establishment of the Negros Island Region fulfills the promise of Daang Matuwid in which no one gets left behind.

"This is not just the union of cities, municipalities, and barangays; it is also the union of our dreams. And through your continued trust, we will together realize a safer, more prosperous, and more peaceful One Negros Island Region, " Roxas noted.

• Like 2

Methersgate
Posted
Posted

It seems like common sense; the division of the island seemed odd to me.

Anyone know why this is being done now?

Thomas
Posted
Posted

No. but I guess I know the reason why it HAS BEEN spited  :)    

=They have different first language, which I suppouse can complicate having them together.

• Like 1

Methersgate
Posted
Posted (edited)

No. but I guess I know the reason why it HAS BEEN spited  :)    

=They have different first language, which I suppouse can complicate having them together.

Yes, it seems amazing that for centuries people did not walk over the bundoks, so they developed different languages!

K's parents grew up within a few mils of each other near Canlaon; her father is Illonggo and her mother is Cebuana!

Edited by Methersgate

Jack Peterson
Posted
Posted
Yes, it seems amazing that for centuries people did not walk over the bundoks, so they developed different languages!

My Wife tells me that as long as they stay there in OCC things will be fine

Thomas
Posted
Posted
I don't know if it's same in Negros, but in some other places* - nowadays !  - some say:

-Here it's safe, but in X (=a bit away) it's very dangerous.

And people in the X place say the OPPOSITE, the OTHER place is the dangerous    :lol: 

*E g in Misamis Oriental. I believe it's true south half of Bukidnon is more dangerous than the coast provinces,

but I doubt there are any biger differences between different provinces between Iligan and CDO.

Methersgate
Posted
Posted

The extreme case of this is Papua New Guinea, which has a quarter of the world's known languages. It is covered in very dense jungle, or rain forest for the politically correct, and most people have never travelled thirty miles from where they were born. So in PNG the only common language is Melanesian Pidgin which has the word "wontok" ("one talk") and which means your relatives in the place you come from.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk