Rates Are Up! Get Your Dollars Out From Under The Mattress!

OnMyWay
Posted
Posted

I exchanged at 45.75 Friday (at BPI) after I missed the last few run-ups towards 45.  So of course the rate kept going up!  45.08 right now at XE.com.  That usually will equate to about 44.90+ tomorrow at BPI, if the rate holds up.

• Like 1

Dave Hounddriver
Posted
Posted

AHA thats why..  I went to L'Huillier to pick up some US dollars coming to me and they said to come back tomorrow as they have no US dollars today.  That means the rate is high today and will be lower tomorrow.  Bast . . . . .ds

• Like 3

OnMyWay
Posted
Posted

Rate keeps going up.  45.21 on XE, the highest since Feb / 14.

Dave Hounddriver
Posted
Posted

I only got 44.80 at Lee Plaza today

chris49
Posted
Posted

Yeah we got only 44.75, Thursday, but Friday 45 was showing all day and of course over the weekend. But as we all know the weekend sell rate will be discounted a bit.

AUD didn't do much, it was up a shade ranging 34-34.8 last week but it pegged back to 34.25 Friday, a virtual loss vs the USD.

Any reason?

OnMyWay
Posted
Posted

The rate jumped around a lot today, as you can see on this chart.  This is a mid-market rate (approx halfway between buy and sell).  That rate you got seems a tad low but maybe they (Lee) update frequently and you caught a low.  I checked BPI online just before I posted earlier today and the rate were higher that what you got.

I don't exchange frequently but when I do, it is usually for a higher $ amount, so I am somewhat patient on the exchange rate.  When rates are looking up, I check XE.com and BPI online before heading down to my BPI.  If I can't get the rate I was expecting, I postpone.

post-1784-0-73337300-1433753827_thumb.jp

Thomas
Posted
Posted

I don't  know if the decision is still valid, but Phils have decided to try to keep the peso value between something I don't remember and 45 per USD. I suppouse that's what they are trying now.

chris49
Posted
Posted

Monday's rate reflects the weekend rate. You don't get the correction until overnight Monday

• Forum Support
scott h
Posted
Posted

44.90 this morning at the place I use .

chris49
Posted
Posted

At 10 AM Philippines time you get the official adjustment. Probably up a shade.

• Like 1