Rates Are Up! Get Your Dollars Out From Under The Mattress!

Dave Hounddriver
Posted
Posted
6 minutes ago, Reboot said:

Are prices rising a lot in the PH?

Yes, and no.  10 years ago things were cheaper and you got 42 pesos for a US$.  Now things are more expensive and you get 52 pesos for a US$.  Its the rest of the world who find it expensive.  Canadians got 40 pesos for a CDN$ 10 years ago and still do.  Its the up and down roller coaster than makes it hard to budget if you are on a fixed income.

• Like 1

• Forum Support
scott h
Posted
Posted
6 hours ago, Dave Hounddriver said:

fixed income

still cheaper than living in ole country 

• Like 1

Dave Hounddriver
Posted
Posted
56 minutes ago, scott h said:

still cheaper than living in ole country 

Funny enough, on a low income it is not cheaper.  In my country the government gives so many handouts to low income people that if I took a wife and kids back to Canada with no income we would have a good life on the government tit.  But its not in my nature to do that and besides, life might not be cheaper here but its more fun.

• Like 3
  • Love it 1

OnMyWay
Posted
Posted

52.42 right now on XE.  Earlier it was 52.35 so I went down to BPI to exchange.  Waited 20 minutes and had to leave to P/U my daughter at school.  Hopefully good karma was with me and it will continue to rise until I can get over there again.

Dave Hounddriver
Posted
Posted
On 2/19/2018 at 12:45 PM, OnMyWay said:

52.42 right now on XE.  Earlier it was 52.35 so I went down to BPI to exchange.

I used to be envious of how much more you Americans got for a dollar than we Canadians.  Even the Brits get more for a pound than we get for a Canadian dollar.  But after a little searching I found out why filipinas love Kuwait.

100 KWD =17,246.25PHP

Yes, that is 172.46 for Kuwaiti Dinar.  Puts your 52.42 in its place  :hystery: :hystery: :hystery:   Now if I only had some of those. 

• Like 1
  • Thanks 1

• 4 weeks later...
OnMyWay
Posted
Posted
On 2/19/2018 at 12:45 PM, OnMyWay said:

52.42 right now on XE.  Earlier it was 52.35 so I went down to BPI to exchange.  Waited 20 minutes and had to leave to P/U my daughter at school.  Hopefully good karma was with me and it will continue to rise until I can get over there again.

Still looking for my first exchange over 52 as I missed it last time.  After the post above it sank back.

After hovering around 52 for the last week or two, it is jumping again today.  52.42 right now on XE.  I will exchange tomorrow, fingers crossed!  :smile:

• Like 1

Jack Peterson
Posted
Posted
49 minutes ago, OnMyWay said:

fingers crossed!  :smile:

It is what it is as & when we do it

OnMyWay
Posted
Posted
28 minutes ago, Jack Peterson said:

It is what it is as & when we do it

Yes, but in this up-trending market, I like to pick my "WHEN"s carefully.

However,  when the market turns to a down-trend, I will spend a lot of time in bed :SugarwareZ-034:

• Haha 1
  • Hmm thinking 1

Dave Hounddriver
Posted
Posted
2 hours ago, OnMyWay said:

I will spend a lot of time in bed :SugarwareZ-034:

That does not sound so bad :Count_Sheep:

Gerald Glatt
Posted
Posted

Pres just signed tariffs for China Dow down big I'd change now sort term probilly down.