First Visit To The Philippines -- Trip Report

Dave Hounddriver
Posted
Posted

That is a fantastic trip report.  It takes me back to my first visit here.  Thanks for the report.

• Like 2

intrepid
Posted
Posted

I agree.  This is a good report!

Had I known how the trip was going to go, I would have spent a lot more of time, money, and effort into gifts for the friends and extended family.

This is exactly how I felt after my first visit also.  :thumbsup:  I would have to guess there are many others who felt the same way.

• Like 2

bows00
Posted
Posted
My diet was healthier and my body seemed to like it much better than my normal diet

Really?  That is a surprise to me.  Filipino food is normally more fried and greasy and I tend to gain weight on my trips.  My favorite dish is the "sig sig", where they bring you a sizzling platter of pig parts...sooo good...

Surprising you didn't mention any locals there offering you a chance to meet their sister, niece, or daughter... always happens at least once every trip...

• Like 1

Jollygoodfellow
Posted
Posted

Yes good report but vital info is missing as the Philippines has many locations and each can be different such as cold showers at hotels is not the norm everywhere or every hotel.  :thumbsup:

• Like 1

Jack Peterson
Posted
Posted

One hotel I stayed at did have a hot shower.

:hystery:  Josh, You Obviously did not make it out to the provinces or your ladies house!

However, Welcome, when will be your next visit?

JP  :tiphat:

Josh
Posted
Posted

Thanks for the comments guys!

Next trip is looking to be around October.

As far as sister, niece, or daughter offers, my fiancée kept by my side so I was well tended. I was usually traveling with a group of 6-10 Filipino's.

Another great feature:
The water temperature of the ocean and swimming pools.
They were so warm it was fantastic.

Locations visited:
I didn't get out to far, Metro Manila area, Subic Bay (Olongapo), Baguio.

The hotel was the place with the nice hot shower was Mount Crest Hotel in Baguio.

• Like 4

prodigal1
Posted
Posted

Congrats!  I hope my upcoming first trip in September goes as well.

• Like 2

cyberbro
Posted
Posted

Hello,

Nice report.

This is not said with any malious what so ever, but going to PH then talking about your Asian experience is not really a fair statement since PH is so Americanized (Metro Manila). I know I did the same thing but then started thinking about that one day.

From the west cost can you fly direct or stop over in Japan or Hong Kong?

expatuk2014
Posted
Posted

great report ! more or less the experience as me on my first visit !

mind you I did get a shock when we stopped at a restaurant and seeing the guard with a Rifle !!

wasent told about that,  :rolleyes: coming from the UK where most of the police are unarmed was a bit of a surprise.

• Like 4