First Day At School.

Thomas
Posted
Posted

Pre-school?  How old is she?

She will be 3 at the end of July

How long time per day is common at such young age?

(I mean when it ISN'T caretaking needed when both parents are working.)

2-3 hours 

That's OK as long as she find it fun.

• Like 2

Jake
Posted
Posted

It was my Daughter first day at school on Monday.attachicon.gifdiana 1st day in school 014.JPG

Dang Kevin, you better break out your shotgun.  Before you know it, there will be suitors knocking at your door asking for her.  Thank god, your lovely daughter Diana inherited the beautiful genes from your wife.  Just saying mate......he, he.  

From one very fugly Filipino, respectfully Jake 

• Like 2

Larry45
Posted
Posted

Nice!  It's a big milestone in childhood, and sure she enjoys going to school now.  Our daughter is 6 months older than yours, but we just send her to summer school, due to our busy schedules.  She did playgroup last summer and just finished toddler group a month ago.  The social component is the biggest benefit, and also learning to respect the instructors.  We will likely enroll her full-time in a year for pre-K.  For now it's just tutoring with her mother at night and doing interactive online learning during the day.  It's ridiculous how quickly kids learn!   

Well. In "western" kindergartens they learn how to be loud to get attension, be rude and get sharp elbows to get in front of others.... :bash:   Besides that many get STRESSED....    :boohoo:     Although it can suit SOME kids, who like action all the time.

A Swede, who I have hired to do some work at my house in Sweden, has problem to get it done by his 5 year old calm Fil-Swede daughter get to tired of being in kindergarten more than 3 hours per day...

(Back when I started school myself at 7, I "guessed" corect about all first graders except 1 concerning if they had been in kindergarten or not, just by look at how rude, loud and stressed they were...  Back then I thought and acted as an old man  :lol:  so it was common I had such psychological thoughts. I surely WOULDN'T have suit in a kindergarten group whole days myself, but LIKED to be in "play groups" a few hours totaly per WEEK. I found it much better to be with one/few.)

LOL... Toddler and playgroup are 2 hour sessions. Not sure about pre-K, but Kindergarten is only 3 hours.  And it's actually good for kids to be around other kids, and learn all about social dynamics.  It's quite difficult to get through life without people skills.  But you already knew that.   :)   

Thomas
Posted
Posted
Kindergarten is only 3 hours.
Well. Some small kids go to kindergarten short time,

some small kids go to kindergarten MORE than 8 hours per day.

The first I count as "playgroup",

while the later are surely NOT good for most kids.

It's quite difficult to get through life without people skills.
I don't count 
rude, loud and stressed
as people skills :)

sonjack2847
Posted
Posted

It was my Daughter first day at school on Monday.attachicon.gifdiana 1st day in school 014.JPG

Dang Kevin, you better break out your shotgun.  Before you know it, there will be suitors knocking at your door asking for her.  Thank god, your lovely daughter Diana inherited the beautiful genes from your wife.  Just saying mate......he, he.  

From one very fugly Filipino, respectfully Jake 

Hi Jake 

You think I will have problems later My friend has twins plus a younger daughter he should worry haha

• Like 2