Bars In Phils And Bars In Thailand

Theoutsider
Posted
Posted

Has anyone had experience of both? I lived in Thailand for 6 years including 2 years on Samui so I have a good idea of life there.

My only experiene of bars in Phils is what I read on forums and blogs. Feel free to include P4P and regular bar comparisons.

As a retiree I appreciate a place that can do a good breakfast, big screen for sports and a good atmosphere for those who just want something similar to the old western pub.

Bars with girls can be fun even if you are not buying. ;)

• Like 1

• 4 weeks later...
afathertobe
Posted
Posted (edited)

Didn't he say he was not buying?  :lol: Right, from my somewhat limited experience in the Phils the place doesn't offer the same nightlife in general, but both Manila and Cebu have decent pubs as described above. I also think there is much more "natural" interaction between locals and foreigners than in Thailand, where it's more culturally segregated I feel. 

Edited by afathertobe
  • Like 1

• 1 month later...
Petey
Posted
Posted

I have not found or seen any pub here that would be similar to a "Red Lion" or "Anchor" pub un UK. There is certainly no Beefeaters either. Bars and pubs in Manila don't really interest me at all. But a nice full English would go down a treat rite now - yummy.