What Did It Cost To Build Your House, Not Counting The Land It's Sitting On?

• Forum Support
scott h
Posted
Posted
Built in 2006 for about P16,000 per square meter.

I am with Intrepid on this one, our architect estimated 16,000 peso per square meter. Or in our case about 3 million pesos total. This was for the "house". Didn't include fixtures, tiles and stuff like that.

He came in right on the nose. Any overruns were on us. His quote was for "normal" building materials. We upgraded to the best blocks, cement etc. Our total price came in about 20,000 per square meter when all was said and done, tiles windows, custom roof, fixtures in otherwords move in ready :cheersty:

• Like 2

Dave Hounddriver
Posted
Posted (edited)
I am with Intrepid on this one, our architect estimated 16,000 peso per square meter.

And that was also in 2006, as intrepid mentioned?  I have a feeling these quotes would mislead people trying to build 9 years later.  Inflation in building seems to have hit because a friend who is getting a 120 sq meter house built, (in Tierra Alta Valencia as I write this), by a better quality contractor is paying roughly 2 + 1/2 million for the house (land was another 2 million) so that puts current prices higher than 16K per sq m.  I also suspect he is paying more for 'extras' than he is letting on as he never shows all his cards.  This leads me to believe current prices for a house like intrepid shows in the picture are more like 22K per sq m for a two story (60 sm down and 60 sm up) an another 2 to 4K per sm for any extras (like a roof patio or bathtub in CR)

Edited by Dave Hounddriver
  • Like 2

Tukaram (Tim)
Posted
Posted
We never count in the food, but I see it later, about 800/day for lunch and the 2 merienda breaks, 4 litres of coke, bread and biscuits.

... I don't know who feeds them.  I am not there.  It would never occur to me to feed them - I assume someone is though...  :tiphat:

• Like 1

• Forum Support
scott h
Posted
Posted
And that was also in 2006, as intrepid mentioned?

Sorry. No this was in 2012, Metro Manila location.

• Like 1

Jack Peterson
Posted
Posted

Well just at this time and bearing in Mind that we have furnished and are all but done we are sitting around 29.000p per sq mtr I say about the Furnishing because to me it is the end Result that matters. This is on 147 sq mtr build on 500 mtr lot.

JP :tiphat:

Medic Mike
Posted
Posted

I realize this could be anything from a Nipa Hut to a mansion. So please give a description of your house as to size and construction materials etc. I know there is a similar topic on what WILL it cost to build a house, I think though we all will have a much better idea on what to expect from houses already built and any advice their owners would care to give from actual experience.

I just built a very simple 18m by 14m House in the Province for a total cost of 65K peso...however this does not include doors/window and power, just basic 4 walls, roof, concrete floor.

Jack Peterson
Posted
Posted

.however this does not include doors/window and power, just basic 4 walls, roof, concrete floor.

This was my meaning Mike, to me the cost should reflect Livable Yes? :)

Medic Mike
Posted
Posted

.however this does not include doors/window and power, just basic 4 walls, roof, concrete floor.

This was my meaning Mike, to me the cost should reflect Livable Yes? :)

the house is very liveable , it is just nice to upgrade it with cash as I go.

Jack Peterson
Posted
Posted
the house is very liveable , it is just nice to upgrade it with cash as I go.

Yep mike that's how we all start off then all of a sudden One day, it happens , THEY want it finished and then the real cost kicks in  :rolleyes:

Just saying.

JP  :tiphat:

chris49
Posted
Posted

We never count in the food, but I see it later, about 800/day for lunch and the 2 merienda breaks, 4 litres of coke, bread and biscuits.

... I don't know who feeds them.  I am not there.  It would never occur to me to feed them - I assume someone is though...  :tiphat:

Tim. As for self contracting you are definitely going to feed and provide refreshments. In one of 2 ways.

A. Pay low local wages and provide one meal and refreshments yourself.

B. Make an adjustment in the wages to include food. Now that depends if the worker is paid daily or on a contact basis. For example a foreman with a gang of 3-4 labourers is going to ask an all inclusive amount. Let's say he's asking you for 1500/day then he feeds the workers. But if he see an opportunity to let one guy stay home or work maybe on another site, you still pay the 1500. That's why it's better for you to control this one, let's say 2 workers 400 each, you also provide the food.