What Did It Cost To Build Your House, Not Counting The Land It's Sitting On?

Jollygoodfellow
Posted
Posted

I just built a very simple 18m by 14m House in the Province for a total cost of 65K peso...however this does not include doors/window and power, just basic 4 walls, roof, concrete floor.

Looking at he pics... are you sure that is 14x18 meters?   I would guess 18x14 feet, maybe... 

that is what I thought too...I will have to have words to project manager next month.

By looking at the pics the project manager is going to have a heart attack when you tell him meters, not feet.   :no:

• Like 1

Jack Peterson
Posted
Posted

By looking at the pics the project manager is going to have a heart attack when you tell him meters, not feet.  

Aye especially if it WAS supposed to be meters and not Feet.

JP :tiphat:

Morning all. :morning1:

RBM
Posted
Posted

I was quoted p12k per square meter, this is current as on going. Location in Negros Ocidental. The engineer organizes everything and assured the quality of materials.

Simple to check as I just asked him whom he has built for, all were expats so met them and chatted plus went through the houses. In spite though, there has been quite a few headaches, seems there is THERE way and our way......

Price included the thick excell roof, steel trusses and of course concrete. There is a limit on power points, and faucets and a cap on tiles. Doors were to be pretty basic as were the handles, same with kitchen joinery and shower cabinets.

We agreed to provide the tiles, kitchen joinery and shower cabinets for some addition work. About 70% complete?We stopped for a couple months as been abroad. Expect with our additions and upgrading its going to come in around P13.5 per square meter. This is 160 sq meter.

• Like 5

tomaw
Posted
Posted

Built in 2006 for about P16,000 per square meter.

House is 4 bedroom 1.5 bath about 125 sq meter

IMG_0147.jpg

Thanks. That's the information I was looking for. Nice looking house!

tomaw
Posted
Posted (edited)

We are in the process of building... I will let you know ha ha.

Estimate is p200,000 but is only 30 sqm, hollow block. Here is a video from a few days ago. They are now done with the walls and ready to start on the roof. P120,00 in supplies, p50,000 in labor. Floor tiles and plumbing fixtures not included. So about p6,666 USD per meter.

https://youtu.be/8Co-39If9vU

Sounds about right since Intreid's house came out to the same price. Good luck with your project! :-) Edited by tomaw

tomaw
Posted
Posted (edited)

Built in 2006 for about P16,000 per square meter.

I am with Intrepid on this one, our architect estimated 16,000 peso per square meter. Or in our case about 3 million pesos total. This was for the "house". Didn't include fixtures, tiles and stuff like that.

He came in right on the nose. Any overruns were on us. His quote was for "normal" building materials. We upgraded to the best blocks, cement etc. Our total price came in about 20,000 per square meter when all was said and done, tiles windows, custom roof, fixtures in otherwords move in ready :cheersty:

Thanks. Great information. I'm glad to see it's consistent with what went into building Intrepid's house. It makes things a lot less confusing. Edited by tomaw

tomaw
Posted
Posted

Putting it in cost per square meter would be a useful standard for to. I know you can get something built to western standards for P20,000 to P30,000 per sqm. No hollow blocks but rather solid concrete walls, including major appliances and fixtures.

Sounds great! Thanks! :-)

chris49
Posted
Posted (edited)

Nice thread all the way through and may I just add.

For those of us that built cheap or dirt cheap maybe on family land, you may notice, as in my case, we left things unfinished. So on the low cost, always consider we will have to get back to finish those items at some point.

Despite everything that's written, .Physical Presence is Required. Anytime you are away even for a few hours, things are bound to happen.

And don't put too much on the wife's shoulders, she's a good co-ordinator between you and the builders, but highly lilkely she doesn't have construction experience. I left Gina alone a few hours and under her watch, they bricked up half the back wall including the door way clearly marked on the plan.

Beware when the worker says "we need another helper",what he usually means is that my brother/son/nephew is sitting over there doing nothing, so let's bring him over and pay him. Refuse that, make sure you own relos are around to lend a hand, or get in there yourself.

Edited by chris49
  • Like 2

BluesDude
Posted
Posted

This is a great thread with really helpful information. In our case, we own a 750sqm lot on a beach near San Antonio, Zambales. We plan to retire in 2-3 years. We'll keep our home here in the states but hope to build on our property there as well. One great piece of advice I've seen here in other threads is to NOT build anything for at least the first year. We're quite familiar with our area, have friends and family there and are still going to wait a year. Correct me if I'm wrong but from what I'm reading here it appears the cost to build a 1500sqft home to NEAR western standards would be around $75,000. That's not cheap by any means. If after spending that kind of money, a guy decided it wasn't right for him and his wife/family, selling most likely would be very difficult. After a year, we may decide to build a home, sell the lot, or perhaps even build some rental units. Big decision. Certainly not one to make hastily. Thanks for the advice guys.

Dave Hounddriver
Posted
Posted
Correct me if I'm wrong but from what I'm reading here it appears the cost to build a 1500sqft home to NEAR western standards would be around $75,000. That's not cheap by any means. If after spending that kind of money, a guy decided it wasn't right for him and his wife/family, selling most likely would be very difficult.

1500 sq ft is about 140 sq m .  So yes, US$ 75,000 would get it done with luck and good management.  What often happens is it ends up costing you US$100,000 or more (when you start adding western standards) and people like to get their money back when they want to sell.  A future potential buyer will ask:  Why would I give you $100K when I can build a new one for $75K . .  and the cycle continues.

• Like 2