Used Mountain Bike

RBM
Posted
Posted

The cheap bikes I've found here are fairly poor quality Chinese bikes. There is one shop near me that sells second hand reconditioned Japanese bikes for around 2000-2500p. Will be having a serious look at them later today

.I bought 2 of these cheap Chinese mountain bikes at P3500 each. Like so many times before......if it sounds to good to be true....

Fast forward, after spending at least that much again changing cogs still have junk.

Went to Transcycle park Mall bought one there P25K and a year later zero problems. gave the other 2 away.

• Like 1

• Forum Support
scott h
Posted
Posted (edited)
Transcycle park

LADYTrans cycle park? :thumbsup:

Edited by scott h
  • Like 1

Tukaram (Tim)
Posted
Posted

I bought a p2,000 China bike and got the junk I was expecting... but was not in the position to shell out the p30,000 most bike shops are asking.  I have seen very few used bikes for sale.  They seem to keep them until they fall apart, or give to younger family members. 

• Like 2

Jack Peterson
Posted
Posted

I bought a Japanese surplus one  a little over a year ago 2.500, New chain, 2 new tyre inners and is ridden every day Still going Strong.

Maybe I was Lucky but no Complaints here. My new one was 17.000+ on the Road and strangely enough,  It works just the same as the junk,

My daughter uses either [ depending who got up first :hystery: ] and is just as happy on either (Depending who will see her of course.)  :rolleyes:

JP :tiphat:

Thomas
Posted
Posted

I bought a p2,000 China bike and got the junk I was expecting... but was not in the position to shell out the p30,000 most bike shops are asking.  I have seen very few used bikes for sale.  They seem to keep them until they fall apart, or give to younger family members. 

I believe that's a general problem with the second hand market in Phils* , while in our home countries many people even THROW AWAY GOOD things. And if trying to sell, then get almost nothing for them. 

(E g I have bought shelfs at action for less than the plank cost!   One of my nephews have furnished almost whole his house with things he have found in containers and it look better than some modern designed houses  :lol:

*An exception can be when foreigners move back to home country or when Filipinos emmigrate so they need all money they can get.

• Like 1

Daydreamer
Posted
Posted

I asume I will not bring my bike when I move anyway,

but I found several suprisingly cheap used mountain bikes in adds. 800-1500 p  !!!

How come??? Are they stolen, crap or just low demand, because of few Filipinos want to exersise?  :)   (But I know there are bike trails.) Has anyone of you tested such cheap mountain bikes?

Junk! Don't buy them. I got hooked like that once thinking I was getting one at a steal ended up paying more in parts for that sucker (about 2500 pesos). Ended up going to a bike shop in Banilad called Bikology (that was two years ago)bought a Giant mountain bike for 20000 best decision that I made :nudie:

• Like 2

• 2 weeks later...
russellmania
Posted
Posted

WHERE are the bike trails located?

Dave Hounddriver
Posted
Posted

I have never seen bike trails anywhere I have lived but I see bicycles and motorcycles going anywhere there is a path meant for pedestrians or vehicles.  Usually the local 'mountain bike' clubs I have seen just like to be seen around town on their fancy bike in their fancy gear.  They even wear helmets and protective gear on their expensive mountain bikes.  Seems to be a way for 'high' filipinos to show off.

• Like 1

Thomas
Posted
Posted

There is one going southwest from Aloguinsan, Cebu island. In difference from most places, the highway don't follow the coast there. This trail take a "shortcut" going thtough the mountains until it connect to the highway again.  First part it's a common provincial road, but further southwest when it become rougher it's used as bike trail.

I heared of one not far north of Metro Manila, but I have forgot where.

Jack Peterson
Posted
Posted

Try this site  :thumbsup:

http://www.mapmyride.com/

• Like 1