Used Mountain Bike

Jack Peterson
Posted
Posted

Almost any bike can be adjusted, 26 er is the smallest, should be fine.

:thumbsup:  As I Thought it may be Cheers Chris. I think RBM may be worrying too much

If it is not too Funny, RBM, remember to take her Shopping with you when you go to buy  :thumbsup:

Just saying :unsure:

Jack :)

canadamale
Posted
Posted

has anyone had experience with the bamboo frame bikes they manufacture in the Philippines?

RBM
Posted
Posted

Almost any bike can be adjusted, 26 er is the smallest, should be fine.

:thumbsup:  As I Thought it may be Cheers Chris. I think RBM may be worrying too much

If it is not too Funny, RBM, remember to take her Shopping with you when you go to buy  :thumbsup:

Just saying :unsure:

Jack :)

Ha Ha yes try remember Jack. If you happen to have the name of the shop in Cebu and post be fine.

Thanks Chris for your valuable input.

• 2 weeks later...
RBM
Posted
Posted

Last week during a trip to Dumaguete we purchases an ex Japanese bike for p3000. This had new tires basket at front, no gears. Seems very sturdy and reliable, as it's flat where we live I considered no need for gears, it's for my GF, bought from a small shop in Santa Rosa St.

Around the corner close to GUD there is a shop with they an excellent selection of brand new road and mountain bikes. The one which caught my attention was an 8 speed Taiwanese road bike P9000. According to staff these are very reliable unlike the Chinese bikes, if anyone out there has any experience with Taiwan bikes be great. I would of thought Taiwan and China be same quality, apparently not so.

• Like 1

Jack Peterson
Posted
Posted

Last week during a trip to Dumaguete we purchases an ex Japanese bike for p3000. This had new tires basket at front, no gears. Seems very sturdy and reliable, as it's flat where we live I considered no need for gears, it's for my GF, bought from a small shop in Santa Rosa St.

Around the corner close to GUD there is a shop with they an excellent selection of brand new road and mountain bikes. The one which caught my attention was an 8 speed Taiwanese road bike P9000. According to staff these are very reliable unlike the Chinese bikes, if anyone out there has any experience with Taiwan bikes be great. I would of thought Taiwan and China be same quality, apparently not so.

post-2148-0-74807300-1445818139_thumb.jp  post-2148-0-38157400-1445818155_thumb.jp

Jack post-2148-0-74665400-1445818178.png

Morning All post-2148-0-30894700-1445818202.gif

chris49
Posted
Posted
The one which caught my attention was an 8 speed Taiwanese road bike P9000.

That would ok except for the weight. If you pick it up it's going to feel like a piece of lead.

As a commuter bike on the flat road, it would be great.

The Chinese and Taiwanese are similar except the components on the Chinese bike break very easily. The Taiwanese uses better original, usually Shimano components. The Chinese use Shimano also but it's a different quality.

• Like 1