Falling In Love Online............

WordsandMusic
Posted
Posted

An Android from Japan may be in the near future for some. They are becoming more and more humanoid with each passing year. If all it takes is a sweet voice and the right answers for someone to fall in love, well look at all the possibilities a Robot presents. Plus they will adapt to languages, personality traits and sexual preference with a program chip. I think Louie Armstrong said it best, "What A Wonderful World". 

• Like 2

Thomas
Posted
Posted
Perhaps we should explore the woman's point of view. Are there any differences dealing with other on-line ladies (Russian, European, Asian) as compared to our Filipina. Sure, there are professional scammers advertising the flesh (innocent or not) and can you blame us (men) to fall victim over and over again? What about the other side of the coin?
Sure there are scammers in all countries. ORGANICED dating scamming I have HEARED of only in Ukraine, some African countries and the Philippines.

Many FOREIGN MEN are scamming Filipinas too. Several of my Thai and Filipina friends are very frustrated because of such.

In my opinion, after being victimized over the years, the Filipina will learn how to get even.
Yes. MUCH by Spain, USA, Japan, and by several foreign companies.  "Bombay loans" are common. During the last years by some mining and palm oil companies. (The last is worth an own topic. I have studied the subject the last days to see if it can be a good business, but at least three of the palm oil companies are huge scammers... Part owned by Filipinos, lead from abroad.)

Jake
Posted
Posted

An Android from Japan may be in the near future for some. They are becoming more and more humanoid with each passing year. If all it takes is a sweet voice and the right answers for someone to fall in love, well look at all the possibilities a Robot presents. Plus they will adapt to languages, personality traits and sexual preference with a program chip. I think Louie Armstrong said it best, "What A Wonderful World". 

I can see it now  -- I lub you no chit, lub you looong time but I don't want money or green card to USA.  Just a can of oil every 6,000 miles or 6 months, which ever comes first.....he, he.

Wonderful world indeed......

• Like 3

Dave Hounddriver
Posted
Posted

. If all it takes is a sweet voice and the right answers for someone to fall in love, well look at all the possibilities a Robot presents.

Earlier in the thread I suggested:

watch the movie "Her

And the interesting thing is: 

The 'Her' is his computer operating system and in the end 'She' leaves him for another computer Hee Hee

• Like 4

Gerald Glatt
Posted
Posted
Just a can of oil every 6,000 miles or 6 months, which ever comes first.....he, he.

Jake you and I may have to change oil more frequently, dust roads and heavy use or not if you trade before the milage gets to high

• Like 3

Vince Runza
Posted
Posted

The short answer is 'yes'. The long answer is, "If you have a proven skill at determining a person's character solely from your online experience with that person, then you can find true love online."

I use Skype and social media to contact people all over the World, for business purposes. I've also met a woman in real life I 'met' online (on Valentine's Day, no less), which did not work out. I was not surprised at the failure, given how neither of us were looking for a relationship. Nor were we 'enchanted' with each other, before meeting.

I also have no problem with cutting people off, both online and face-to-face, if they prove to be goblins.

My situation is not really like those of you seeking online love. I intend to move to the Philippines first, network with locals and expats, indulge in a bit of 'strings-free' dating, then begin the process of interviewing my widow-to-be.

• Like 2

Jake
Posted
Posted

OK boys and girls, falling in love online is step number 1.  What about step number 2 where you actually meet face to face for the very first time?  Was she a no show upon arrival?  Did she kill you with her warm sweet smile and knocked you off your feet?  Or did she give you a cold shoulder because you forgot to use deodorant or you arrived with undesirable baggage?  Or did you give her the cold shoulder because she turned out to be fugly than her Facebook photo?  

When I courted my wife Judy in the early 80's, there were only AT&T operator assist calls, snail mail and ordering roses from FTD.  I think not having internet at the time proved to be less complicated for me.  I fully expected the old school Filipino tradition of courtship and groveling to her dreaded Lola (grandmother) to formally ask permission to be engaged, was a major landmark -- it was the most scariest moments of my life.  Here is my story: http://www.philippines-expats.com/topic/19594-cant-find-miss-right/page-14#entry126708

Respectfully -- Jake

• Like 3

i am bob
Posted
Posted

OK boys and girls, falling in love online is step number 1.  What about step number 2 where you actually meet face to face for the very first time?  Was she a no show upon arrival?  Did she kill you with her warm sweet smile and knocked you off your feet?  Or did she give you a cold shoulder because you forgot to use deodorant or you arrived with undesirable baggage?  Or did you give her the cold shoulder because she turned out to be fugly than her Facebook photo?  

When I courted my wife Judy in the early 80's, there were only AT&T operator assist calls, snail mail and ordering roses from FTD.  I think not having internet at the time proved to be less complicated for me.  I fully expected the old school Filipino tradition of courtship and groveling to her dreaded Lola (grandmother) to formally ask permission to be engaged, was a major landmark -- it was the most scariest moments of my life.  Here is my story: http://www.philippines-expats.com/topic/19594-cant-find-miss-right/page-14#entry126708

Respectfully -- Jake

Sorry for the long quote... Darn phone!

Jake, as you know, my Special Someone and I were in an online relationship for 3 years BEFORE I made an appearance in the Philippines... As she told me, I was too good in every way to think I would not come... Though she did admit to having doubts... I swear it was the pictures that did it... Everything I tried to get a picture for her, the camera would break - so she ended up with something resembling Picasso's handiwork... As for me? She was so beautiful in her pictures that sometimes I would wonder if she was real - never mind the amazing personality she presented with her words... As for step 2? Even though I was on hour 38 since leaving my sister's the day before - and without access to my antiperspirant - she did not reject me outright at the airport upon arrival... She just stared at me and my suitcase, 2 duffle bags, carry-on and 2 computer bags (the un-unwanted baggage) with big eyes overflowing with tears and a quivering lip... Oh, wait... That was me... She just beamed like a million watt lightbulb and held on so tight that I could barely breath... But that was OK with me... In person? She was a million times more beautiful than any of her pictures!!! And so beautiful she completely took my breath away!!! After 20 minutes of receiving oxygen from medical personnel, we found ourselves a taxi for the trip into Cebu where, yes, she did give me the cold shoulder... But, after asking the taxi driver to turn the ac down a bit, and wrapping my arms around her to warm her up, we haven't looked back... Oh, there's that little issue of her stuck at her brother's in Manila looking after his newborn (Filipino tradition and mom just isn't capable at this point so Av took her place) while I moved to Davao to get ready for her return... But there's only 15 more days until she's on the ferry home!!! And, yes, we have seen each other in the meantime... And we both agree... Soon you won't see one of us without seeing the other within arm's length... And I will be ordering my oxygen supply shortly!!!

So, in answer to the OP's question? Yes, you can fall in love online!!!

• Like 5

Gerald Glatt
Posted
Posted
So, in answer to the OP's question? Yes, you can fall in love online!!!

:540: i am bob, I see your photo, you need a haircut and those bags under your eyes you're lucky they didn't charge for the extra carry-ons.  You only have two weeks; you best snap to it. Get cleaned up, it is not right for a Canok to be an Ugly American.  That's my job a real Merican, real ugly too. :1927_: 

:541: Be happy 

• Like 2

• Forum Support
Old55
Posted
Posted

Jake what a great post this should be a topic of its own!

• Like 2