Water Shortage?

OnMyWay
Posted
Posted

100 square meters! I have no idea how much that is in gallons or litres, but it is a lot!
100 cubic meters?      EACH cubic meter is 1000 litre   > 100 000 litres. That's huge.  

(My well is some less than 20 cubic meters if it would be full, which it's never close to.)

That is the second time I have told someone it was SQUARE meters!   :bash:   Thanks, I fixed the post.  100 square meters of water would be 000.000 litres of water!

The Swiss guy has a house in Bohol too.  I think he built a smaller tank there, maybe 20-30 cubic meters, if memory serves me right.

• Like 1

sonjack2847
Posted
Posted

post-1430-0-73580400-1434957389_thumb.jpThe rain here is quite welcome as it cools it down a little. As long as we don`t get this again outside and in the house.

• Like 3

Jack Peterson
Posted
Posted

The rain here is quite welcome as it cools it down a little. As long as we don`t get this again outside and in the house.

Happiness is Kids and Water.

JP :thumbsup:

• Like 2

sonjack2847
Posted
Posted

The rain here is quite welcome as it cools it down a little. As long as we don`t get this again outside and in the house.

Happiness is Kids and Water.

JP :thumbsup:

With some of what I have seen soap would not go a miss but maybe rice is more important 

• Like 2

Czechman
Posted
Posted

To the OP, I would imagine that by now (at least it is in Cebu City), the rain is pretty steady, so I'd think that your water deficiencies are relieved -which is good! But yes, I can relate: this year has been very dry and dusty in the Phils though. I wonder if this is connected to that "El Nino" thing that is warming up the ocean waters just past the CA's coast in the US, and is causing some other weirdness in weather/precipitation patterns globally?? In addition, I think it was on NOAA (.gov), they claimed that this would be a light typhoon and hurricane season. Rain is fine and is needed, as long as it's dispersed in even amounts and not too much too soon! Hopefully, the typhoons will be on the low-down this season as well.

• Like 2

Dave Hounddriver
Posted
Posted

During the dry season I was connected to PLDT Internet.  I had 5 excellent months of Internet service and now it sucks.  The service keeps going out and I have to wait a while and then reset the router.

Not sure if the rain and the Internet are related but I miss the dry season already.

• Like 2

virginprune
Posted
Posted

Last couple of days has been torrential down here. Tribes people have had all their crops washed away so are onto their Barangay councillor for assistance. Drier today, so far, temperature down to around 24c. Surprisingly the electric and the Internet, using a Smart pocket wifi, appear to be unaffected.

• Like 2

Thomas
Posted
Posted

During the dry season I was connected to PLDT Internet.  I had 5 excellent months of Internet service and now it sucks.  The service keeps going out and I have to wait a while and then reset the router.

Not sure if the rain and the Internet are related but I miss the dry season already.

If the cable connections aren't tight, moist can get in and disturb the connection.

(I had similar problem in Sweden after lightning had broken my cable at two different places and the repairmen didn't tightening the repairs good enough, so when the ground got much vet by rain or melting snow I got Internet problems until they gave up trying to do smaller solutions and replaced the whole 400 meter cable.)

• Like 2

i am bob
Posted
Posted

Yup! Loose connections or bad cables getting wet? Lousy signal every time! Just be glad you aren't getting snow! :D

• Like 1

Jack Peterson
Posted
Posted
Yup! Loose connections or bad cables getting wet? Lousy signal every time! Just be glad you aren't getting snow!

AH! So you are snowed in over there in Davao :hystery:  No wonder we have not seen or heard much from you   :rolleyes:

Humour  Bob Humour!

JP :tiphat:

Morning all Sorry Late on Parade :morning1: .my bad.

• Like 3