Water Shortage?

sonjack2847
Posted
Posted

Last couple of days has been torrential down here. Tribes people have had all their crops washed away so are onto their Barangay councillor for assistance. Drier today, so far, temperature down to around 24c. Surprisingly the electric and the Internet, using a Smart pocket wifi, appear to be unaffected.

About the same as here we had 4-5 hours of rain last night until the early hours of this morning.

Jack Peterson
Posted
Posted
About the same as here we had 4-5 hours of rain last night until the early hours of this morning.

My grass has grown some 4 to 6 inches in as many days.  :rolleyes:  Funny ole life and Weather aye?

JP :tiphat:

• Like 1

Gerald Glatt
Posted
Posted
 My grass has grown some 4 to 6 inches in as many days.   Funny ole life and Weather aye?  

Just before leaving Ohio in 2005 I had to remove 12" of global warming to get out of my drive.  It's why I'm in Florida and hoping to  move to  Cebu as soon as Fe stops working.

• Like 1

fred
Posted
Posted

I`m now hearing that another 6 month drought to start September time..

junix
Posted
Posted

I've heard the news in February about El Niño to hit Philippines this year until end of the year.

Initially, I did not believe it because I know that when rainy season starts in June, it will go on until end of the year.

But watching the news about dams still at alert level at this time of the year, I'm starting to believe this "El Niño" phenomenon could be true.

PAGASA: El Nino to cut Philippine rainfall

http://www.abs-cbnnews.com/nation/regions/06/29/15/pagasa-el-nino-cut-philippine-rainfall

junix
Posted
Posted

During the dry season I was connected to PLDT Internet.  I had 5 excellent months of Internet service and now it sucks.  The service keeps going out and I have to wait a while and then reset the router.

Not sure if the rain and the Internet are related but I miss the dry season already.

I think rain and Internet are related.

This becomes "normal" to us that when it rains, there's a chance that Internet goes to turtle speed.

I do not know why, but this is also what customers were telling me when I was in Singapore working for Singapore Telecommunications.

I guess a connection somewhere gets wet and affects the Internet connection.

• 4 weeks later...
earthdome
Posted
Posted

Looks like this is located up high somewhere with a good view. What is the general location?

OnMyWay
Posted
Posted

Looks like this is located up high somewhere with a good view. What is the general location?

I don't know what the area is called, but if you head out of Baguio on Marcos, about a kilometer from the traffic circle / flyover (where Kennon and Marcos intersect) there is a road that heads south.   You go down that road into the valley about 2-3 km and the go up a little ridge to their house.  It is not really that high but they have some decent views.

• Like 2

earthdome
Posted
Posted (edited)

I don't know what the area is called, but if you head out of Baguio on Marcos, about a kilometer from the traffic circle / flyover (where Kennon and Marcos intersect) there is a road that heads south.   You go down that road into the valley about 2-3 km and the go up a little ridge to their house.  It is not really that high but they have some decent views.

Ok. Is that before or after you reach the new micro brewery when heading out of Baguio?

Edited by earthdome