Electric Cost

Tukaram (Tim)
Posted
Posted

Just got our bill today.  Still p12.75, and the total is p4,115.  This summer has been bad....  Rainy season is cheaper.

frosty (chris)
Posted
Posted

Our elect bill is around 850 pesos a month here on Mactan, we have all the usual appliances

Bet you don't have a 16 year old Teenager with all that goes with them in the House.

I will leave that up to you Jack, mind you when the g/f's 14 y.o. niece visits, the fridge is empty, my power and water bills both have a sharp increase, :1 (103):  good she only visits occasionally. :thumbsup:

:hystery:  Then we need say no More  :thumbsup:

JP :tiphat:

My 22y.o daughter came for a visit last year ( stayed 3 months), my elect bill then was around 1300 pesos, my water bill was double and my food bill was ridiculous, don't know what or how they do it, but they do. :bash:

• Like 1

Loïc Buchet
Posted
Posted

My wife tells me her sisters electricity bill in Zamboanga city is P1000 a month. This seems awfully low to me or do different areas have different pricing? What are you guys paying? 

Hi ! several of my French fellows already reported that electricity bills varies depending the place you are living  in ... and of course if you use it wisely or not.... in old subs ... (metro manila) its quiet common not to pay a cent.... for filipinos connected  to the foreign neighbor  meter .... just keep in mind how high would be your bill in western europe ....with heating and / or aircon  .... :)

• Forum Support
scott h
Posted
Posted
for filipinos connected to the foreign neighbor meter

I have heard of this old scam Loic. The local electric company here in metro (Meralco) is on this like flies on poop. You can see them wandering the streets, eyes up in the sky looking for splices and such.

Plus they are remotely monitoring the situation also. My personal example is:

When we were building our house we live in my brother in laws place next door (his family was overseas at the time). Once the house was complete and we moved in naturally the electric bill at BIL house dropped to next to nothing. 45 days after moving in here came the Meralco men checking for illegal connections. Once they saw the house was empty and the new house occupied the supervisor just grinned and said "nice house" and off they went.

As my ole dad said "cheaters rarely prosper" lolol :cheersty:

Gerald Glatt
Posted
Posted
As my ole dad said "cheaters rarely prosper" lolol

​Your Dad like mine most probably was not a member of the Bar nor a politician. :th_unfair:  

• Like 1

Jake
Posted
Posted

for filipinos connected to the foreign neighbor meter

I have heard of this old scam Loic. The local electric company here in metro (Meralco) is on this like flies on poop. You can see them wandering the streets, eyes up in the sky looking for splices and such.

Plus they are remotely monitoring the situation also. My personal example is:

When we were building our house we live in my brother in laws place next door (his family was overseas at the time). Once the house was complete and we moved in naturally the electric bill at BIL house dropped to next to nothing. 45 days after moving in here came the Meralco men checking for illegal connections. Once they saw the house was empty and the new house occupied the supervisor just grinned and said "nice house" and off they went.

As my ole dad said "cheaters rarely prosper" lolol :cheersty:

post-686-0-60297000-1434583310_thumb.jpg

This was me when I was revising the neighborhood electrical grid.  I am now CEO of Meralco.....he, he.

King of Black outs -- Jake

OnMyWay
Posted
Posted

My bill is ridiculous!  Here is Subic Bay Freeport the average is about 9.5 per kwh, but that is not my main problem.  Our old military base house still has the old central air con and the landlord will not do anything to improve it or replace it with individual room units.  The system is barely adequate to cool the upstairs on a hot day.  We will move early next year or when the time is right.  We also have a central electric water heater but I don't think that adds much.  TV gets used a lot.  I have switched most lights to LED except those that are fluorescent tube type.

We hope to buy the long term lease on another unit and if it does not already have it, I will invest in the most efficient split air con units.  The name brand direct drive units are the most efficient and many have a 10 year warranty.

fred
Posted
Posted

We pay p12.75 per KWH here in Iloilo.  Our bill is p3,500 including aircon about 8 hours a day.   Uncle pays about p1,000 a month. They have a fridge, no aircon, minimal fan use.

I pay 4.22 KWH. I hadn't realised there was such huge differences in the cost of electric depending on where you live!

Never heard of such cheap rates..Is that due to a local hydro power plant etc?

I thought our last bill was cheap at 9.00 Peso per kwh!

virginprune
Posted
Posted

We pay p12.75 per KWH here in Iloilo.  Our bill is p3,500 including aircon about 8 hours a day.   Uncle pays about p1,000 a month. They have a fridge, no aircon, minimal fan use.

I pay 4.22 KWH. I hadn't realised there was such huge differences in the cost of electric depending on where you live!

Never heard of such cheap rates..Is that due to a local hydro power plant etc?

I thought our last bill was cheap at 9.00 Peso per kwh!

I have no idea, this is what it says on my bill. My bills are 884p

Jack Peterson
Posted
Posted
I have no idea, this is what it says on my bill. My bills are 884p

If you divide that amount  by the KW used in that period you will get the kwph costing.