Electric Cost

russellmania
Posted
Posted

My last electric bill in Texas in July was $300 or P14,000 so ANY amount less then that I can handle!

• Like 1

Dave Hounddriver
Posted
Posted
So what can I expect for electricity in the Manila area if I'm running the AC 24/7? 

Thats a bit vague.  What size aircon?  Type (inverter, non-inverter split, window unit?)  Brand of a/c?  Size of rooms?  Insulation in walls and ceiling?  Time of year? Type of roof (does it radiate heat to the ceiling? Temp setting you want to put the A/C on . .  etc

• Like 1

Maxheadspace
Posted
Posted

Well, since I don't live there yet, can't decide if I want a tin roof or tile shingles. :-) So I guess what I'm thinking is maybe 250 m2 condo, three bedrooms with AC in the bedrooms and living room. Maybe only one bedroom with AC all the time. This is along the lines of what I'm looking at.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Dave Hounddriver
Posted
Posted
This is along the lines of what I'm looking at.

We can only make educated guesses but I'd put my guess at about 10K pesos a month for what you are looking for.  Maybe as much as double that, depending how often all those aircons are running.  I doubt you would pay less unless you were very strict with conserving electricity.

• Like 1

• Forum Support
scott h
Posted
Posted

Max all we can do is tell you what we have and what we pay. But like everything here there are to many variables. What of the 7100+ islands will you be on? etc etc etc.

My Electric bill will range from 6-9K pesos a month. And I use the AC at night and during the summer.

Jake
Posted
Posted

Hey guys,

Allow me to put this in a different perspective.  What is the cost of no electricity?  Depending on your location and depending upon the power infrastructure being damaged by natural or manmade calamities and rolling brownout schedule, what is the cost of the inconvenience?  Can you put a price on your frustration and anger while you sweat in bed and the mosquitoes are having a fiesta over your face and ears?  

Another warm beer tonight?   

Tukaram (Tim)
Posted
Posted (edited)

Hey guys,

Allow me to put this in a different perspective.  What is the cost of no electricity?  Depending on your location and depending upon the power infrastructure being damaged by natural or manmade calamities and rolling brownout schedule, what is the cost of the inconvenience?  Can you put a price on your frustration and anger while you sweat in bed and the mosquitoes are having a fiesta over your face and ears?  

When I first got here we had tons of brownouts -  now hardly any.  Since Yolanda came through it has been great... they must have fixed something right 

...but I prefer my rum room temp, and my brandy body temp... so no worries ha ha    :tiphat:

~Edit~

Oh, I just got my first full month electric bill for our new house.  We have 1 small window unit for aircon, runs about 12 hours a night. Fridge, computer, tv sometimes, and a couple fans.  Since we are using uncle's land I told him not to put in a submeter and just give me the whole electric bill.  He said his usually ran p800-p1,000. They have a fridge and a fan.  A small tv - barely on, and no aircon. 

The total for both houses was p3,818, using 358 kwh.  That figures out to p10.66 per.  The bill says is it 5.97 per and a bunch of addon costs... So I will call it 10.66. There may be a senior discount since it is in his name?  .  :) 

Edited by Tukaram (Tim)
  • Like 1

Jack Peterson
Posted
Posted
There may be a senior discount since it is in his name? 

Nah! has to be under 100 kwh to qualify for Senior Discount. Anything over the 100 and they know others are using so No go on that.

Jack  :tiphat:

frosty (chris)
Posted
Posted

Hey guys,

And there I was thinking Jake you would be all into a hot, humid, sweaty night, between the sheets. My bill last month 722 pesos

• Like 1

Thomas
Posted
Posted

Well, since I don't live there yet, can't decide if I want a tin roof or tile shingles. :-) So I guess what I'm thinking is maybe 250 m2 condo, three bedrooms with AC in the bedrooms and living room. Maybe only one bedroom with AC all the time. This is along the lines of what I'm looking at.

If you build proper issolated - specialy the roof - then it's possible you DON'T NEED  AC   :)   just some slow fans.