Electric Cost

Jack Peterson
Posted
Posted

If you build proper issolated - specialy the roof - then it's possible you DON'T NEED  AC      just some slow fans.

Thomas, tell us this again 6 months after you move here permanently

Jack post-2148-0-14435700-1444821037.png

• Like 1

Tukaram (Tim)
Posted
Posted

If you build proper issolated - specialy the roof - then it's possible you DON'T NEED  AC      just some slow fans.

Jack attachicon.gifwink.png

In our bamboo/nipa we went 1 year with no aircon.  When we got to our apartment we used aircon (miserably hot apartment).  Now, at our house it is much cooler and I don't think we need it every night... but my wife does ha ha  So, yeah, we run it every night :tiphat:

Thomas
Posted
Posted

Some foreigners say so, who LIVE there, so why waiting for me living there permanently?   :)

stevewool
Posted
Posted

OK i was not there long enough to make a comment really but that wont stop me doing so anyway,

Aircon seems to dry the air for me at night and i always end up with a sore throat , a fan is to noisy , so naked and 1 sheet with feet hanging out of the sheet, That works for me,

Now you have that thought in your mind is it working for you too :nudie: i forgot the price, PRICELESS

• Like 2

frosty (chris)
Posted
Posted

Aircon seems to dry the air for me at night and i always end up with a sore throat , a fan is to noisy , so naked and 1 sheet with feet hanging out of the sheet, That works for me,

I don't have A/C, we just use a pedestal fan at the end of the bed and a minimal amount if any clothing :rolleyes:, save's on the washing I am told. :mocking:

• Like 3

• 1 month later...
brmpipes
Posted
Posted

I will run the ac on ultra low setting and sleep naked with a thin cover over me. Its the best birth control ive found yet when I am at the inlaws house.

• Like 1

Tukaram (Tim)
Posted
Posted

OK i was not there long enough to make a comment really but that wont stop me doing so anyway,

Now you have that thought in your mind is it working for you too :nudie: i forgot the price, PRICELESS

When we have a brownout the sound of the fan or aircon shutting off will wake me up. (I am awake in time to see the fan spinning to a stop!)  I have to have some air movement or I cannot sleep.  Also, the fan noise helps block some of the tinnitus.  So loud.... I can't believe my wife can't hear the ringing in my ears!   :tiphat:

• Like 2

Richieboy67
Posted
Posted

We have one window unit, a very large one. I was keeping it set to 28 and our bill was almost 6,000 last month. This month I say it to 29 and our bill was able 1,000 less.

I usually sleep in the raw with a sheet covering me a bit. My wife though will cover in a sheet or even a blanket sometimes.

I tried to sleep without the air-conditioning but the dogs, chickens and kerioki keep me up.

If we only had some screens over our windows we could get some ventilation because the nights are sometimes beautiful but the noise would be to much.

• Like 1

• 2 months later...
Petey
Posted
Posted

We pay about P3.6k per month. No aircon. 3 fans, 1 ref/freezer, ground floor lighting ( still need to fit upstairs ) TV, PS3 and a PC. Also all the little tech things like charging phones and what not. I want to get aircon fitted but feel that its gonna cripple my bill :(

i am bob
Posted
Posted

Well, i'm gonna piss off a lot of people here...  I'm fairly new in my house and this is the first time I've had to pay the electric bill straight out...  At the old apartment, i was charged the same amount each month and just paid the landlady..

Here?  In the house?

My first bill was.......  P12

My second bill was ............. P9

My third bill was................... P128

My third bill was a little higher as we started leaving lights on instead of turning them off...  lol!  Now that I have a refrigerator (couldn't find one I liked before), and it's just me here again, i turn the lights off when i'm not using them.  

Now, how is it my bill is so much lower?  hehe!  My landlord pays something called a Lifeline on their bill...  and apparently it pays quite a bit towards the operating costs of their various properties...  All I get charged is basically for the electricity I use and not all the administrative parts and add-ons...  

:mocking:  :attention:  :rolleyes:  :mocking:

• Like 1