Can You Believe This Crap?

Dave Hounddriver
Posted
Posted

post-41-0-46546300-1434355842_thumb.jpg

This was on my partner's Facebook.  What gives me a facepalm moment is that she and her girlfriends believe they are educated and yet they believe this crap must be true.

Are ANY of these "Health Tips" true?  Looks like all a bunch of BS to me.  Facebook is really "dumbing down" our society.  Hmm, upon rereading, the sleeping part has some truth.  When I was a kid I was taught that one hour of sleep before midnight is worth two after midnight, but that's just for kids.

• Like 2

RBM
Posted
Posted

attachicon.gifBS Facbook crap that people believe.jpg

This was on my partner's Facebook.  What gives me a facepalm moment is that she and her girlfriends believe they are educated and yet they believe this crap must be true.

Are ANY of these "Health Tips" true?  Looks like all a bunch of BS to me.  Facebook is really "dumbing down" our society.  Hmm, upon rereading, the sleeping part has some truth.  When I was a kid I was taught that one hour of sleep before midnight is worth two after midnight, but that's just for kids.

Would agree with 2 and 5 Dave.

Rest seem like BS

• Like 1

Dave Hounddriver
Posted
Posted
Would agree with 2 and 5 Dave.

I always eat after 5 and I am healthy and the Mirror says its a:   MYTH: You'll lose weight if you don't eat carbs after 5pm . . . . BOTTOM LINE: It’s your total daily calorie intake, not what time you eat, that matters. To lose weight, keep an eye on portion sizes and make sure you’re getting enough physical activity.  http://www.mirror.co.uk/news/technology-science/why-you-can-eat-carbs-after-114007

And as to sleeping after a big meal, I believe it's irrelevant as total daily energy balance is what governs the outcome of your diet.  Lots of articles on this if one searches for them but I admit there is debate on the issue.

• Like 1

Thomas
Posted
Posted

Well.

/p1.  I asume it's corect, because we better not drink cold water AT ALL   :)   It taste better, but drinking some cold water HEAT UP the body, because the stomach find it to cold, so it start a heating process, making an overreaction, which make the body warmer when we try to cold it down.

/p2.  Some modified. It's bad to eat within 4 hours or so before bedtime, so for them, who go to bed 10 pm, it's corect, later for me.

/p3.  Most people drink much TO LITLE water. Many health sources recomend drinking extra water in the morning. It make sence to not drink some hours before bedtime, because - (asuming the body has got enough water during daytime) - drinking late add risk to get interupted sleep - or wet bed  :lol:

/p4.  Well. I asume 10 - 04 is a good time for poor farmers and such, because that suit follow the sunlight rather good.

BUT some people are "morning people" and some are "night people", and all them in between. So this rule need some modification for people with other ideal sleep time.  (Mine is 5 am to 9 am   :)

The others I don't know. I asume the last is FALSE, BUT I'm convinced it's BAD to hold mobile phones - and wireless - close to head, because of strong beams,  although the mobile phone companies try hard to make us believe it isn't dangerous...  :bash:

chris49
Posted
Posted (edited)

BOTTOM LINE: It’s your total daily calorie intake, not what time you eat, that matters. To lose weight, keep an eye on portion sizes and make sure you’re getting enough physical activity.

Sorry Dave that's out of date now.

High Fat Low Carb is the new low fat.

Research it before launching counter arguments.

I lost 7 kg in 7 weeks sitting here with a broken arm. Employed HFLC along with some light weights to keep my arm moving.

I went back to 73 kg my 1987 marathon running weight.

Oh and the stuff on your partners phone,,,,,,please give me a break, drink more water but not after??.....come on really?

Edited by chris49

Dave Hounddriver
Posted
Posted (edited)
I lost 7 kg in 7 weeks sitting here with a broken arm.

Thats tough to do (unless its your drinking arm :cheersty:  ) .  Good job.

Edited by Dave Hounddriver
  • Like 2

WordsandMusic
Posted
Posted

I have seen all that circulating here in the states. Even my doctor told me not to eat after 6:00 pm. Something to do with the digestive system and the amount of time for the body to break down what you consume. Apparently the digestive system works better when the body in up right. 

The water theory. The body is mostly water and it needs plenty of water circulating through it.  If you do not have enough water in the body, your internal organs can not function properly, liver, kidneys, heart, and the brain all require large amount of water to function. Even the cells in your body need fresh water to be circulate through out the body to remain healthy. You can see a big difference in your skin tone and its flexibility.  Water can make you look years younger and ward off infections and allergies. Some drink cold water to help burn a few extra calories. The body heats the water up as it circulates, cause it to burn a few more calories. The more water you drink the more weight you can loose. When the body is short of water, it retains water so its not dehydrated. I say all this because my wife wasn't drinking enough water and one day became so dizzy she fell to the ground. She had developed vertigo. The emergency room doctor gave her the whole spill on why she should drink water and all the benefits.  The part about better complexion is all she heard, but I was there and found it interesting. They gave us a hand out and I continued to read the information. I've been drinking much more water and feel much better. I add lemon, cucumber, mint leaves and ginger. The body loves that stuff. So two glasses a day of the loaded water and 6 glasses of the water straight. The phone on the left side is based on the fact the left hemisphere of the brain is for logic, analysis, sequencing, linear, mathematics, language, facts,think in words, words of songs,computation.  The right brain is visual. The left brain is the digital brain, the right brain is the analog brain.  The left brain controls the right side of the body, while the right brain controls the left side of the body. Using the phone on the left side directly engages the left side of the brain. If you were receiving the information over the air waves it wouldn't matter. The brain would choose how to receive it. But you are placing the speaker next to your head, limiting the brains ability to make that choice. Don't take medicine with cold water because the body doesn't circulate the medication until it has warmed the water to body temperature, this can take some time depending on your circulation. It can cause the medication to not have the desired effect on the body or break it down in a way that dilutes its ability to perform.            

• Like 2

intrepid
Posted
Posted

attachicon.gifBS Facbook crap that people believe.jpg

I'm so confused.  :th_hu:  I work night shift so I guess it would be best to wake up halfway through my sleep drink a lot of water, eat a heavy meal and go back to bed and finish my sleep.  Thanks for these health rules :tiphat:

• Like 2