Building/buying A House And Inheritance Laws...again

Jack Peterson
Posted
Posted
Posted Today, 12:45 PM Our lawyer told us that your kids have to be at least 18 before they can purchase property here...A quick online search confirms this.

I would hazard a guess this will be the same to Inherit and I would further guess would be held in Trust until they reach 18

Thomas
Posted
Posted

Our lawyer told us that your kids have to be at least 18 before they can purchase property here...A quick online search confirms this.

Not so quick for me  :)   WHERE did you find that?

I found this:

The father and the mother shall jointly exercise legal guardianship over the person and property of their unemancipated common child without the necessity of a court appointment.

at http://www.chanrobles.com/supremecourtamno03-02-05-sc2003.html#.VYaDjeS1k8q

As I told a friend of mine DID it 30 years ago, but perhaps the law is changed since then?

Dave Hounddriver
Posted
Posted
The father and the mother shall jointly exercise legal guardianship over the person and property of their unemancipated common child without the necessity of a court appointment

Only guy I know of that did this found out that, when lawyers go involved, 'joint legal quardianship' meant the filipina wife got 51% of the decision power and that effectively wiped out any say the foreign husband had in the matter.  But your mileage may vary.

• Like 1