Getting 59 Day Extention At The Airport

RonHenk
Posted
Posted

Hey guys, I believe in my continuing education from reading this forum that I learned that some of you have obtained a 59 day visa when arriving at Manila.. If so, how do I go about achieving that? Do I go through normal customs and immigration and then proceed to another window to get the extention? What are the steps I need to take? Do I need to change money first? Or will they take dollars? What is the fee? I truly appreciate your help. Leaving in three days. Can't wait!

bootleultras
Posted
Posted

just before you reach the immigration counters, where you actually queue up there is a window on your right hand side, i believe you can do it there, I've never done it but one immigration officer offered me the chance to go over there one tim and extend when i said i had no plan to leave on my throw away ticket, sure the price would just match the cost of the first extension also.

• Like 1

russellmania
Posted
Posted

Go to the supervisor's office BEFORE proceeding to normal customs and immigration, they'll do it for you there.  I'm pretty sure they don't take foreign currency of any stripe, not 100% on this though, when I did it last I used the PHP from my last trip to pay.  It was 3030PHP when I did it mate, but that was 2 years ago.  May want to check out BI's web site for more info.

They asked me did I have pesos if not it seem they would accompany me to the money exchanger booth. But I already had enough.

• Like 3

BrettGC
Posted
Posted
They asked me did I have pesos if not it seem they would accompany me to the money exchanger booth. But I already had enough.

Good to know.