Help Around The House In Cebu

Y_U_LIE
Posted
Posted

Greetings fellow expats.

Looking to hire a part time/full time help with my house in Lapu Lapu, Cebu area.

Cleaning and washing clothes is a must. Everything else is up for a personal discussion.

Ideas where do I find perfect candidate? Where did you find your help?

Thanks. 

• Like 1

• Forum Support
scott h
Posted
Posted

If your asking for advice, you came to the right place,,its free and worth twice the price :hystery: .

But this is what we did. We asked family and friends first. Most families have a maid or Yaya and most of those have relations in the province who need work. This way we at least had some kind of reference that meant something. The maid we now have (going on 3 years) belongs to the extended family of my brother in laws maid and we have had no problems.

• Like 5

Jack Peterson
Posted
Posted
The only guys I know who have good maids are the guys with older wives where the wife is the one to hire and supervise the maid, in effect making your wife the 'head maid' as the maids don't listen, they follow by example.

Ain't this the truth, If I want a coffee I get it quicker if I make it myself. Go Figure

JP :tiphat:

• Like 3

• Forum Support
scott h
Posted
Posted
If I want a coffee I get it quicker if I make it myself

Your so right Jack, but boy, I sure can wait a looooooooong time for someone else to clean the toilet :tiphat:

• Like 2

Jack Peterson
Posted
Posted

If I want a coffee I get it quicker if I make it myself

Your so right Jack, but boy, I sure can wait a looooooooong time for someone else to clean the toilet :tiphat:

:attention: Funny you should bring that up  :rolleyes: Oops my turn again! post-2148-0-17975200-1434593512.jpg

JP :tiphat:

• Like 1

Jake
Posted
Posted

Greetings fellow expats.

Looking to hire a part time/full time help with my house in Lapu Lapu, Cebu area.

Cleaning and washing clothes is a must. Everything else is up for a personal discussion.

Ideas where do I find perfect candidate? Where did you find your help?

Thanks. 

Hello YULIE,

I believe this has been covered in many previous posts.  Regarding the excellent suggestions given by Scott (post #3), I would definitely start off with that angle.  If you don't have connections with the extended family, here are some general rules of thumb accumulated over the many posts asking this very same question:

Young and pretty housemaid have some inherent issues, especially if she comes with a cell phone or a boyfriend or a drunkard and abusive husband.  She must have a good command of the English language, both orally and written -- not necessarily a college student or graduate.  Establish a probational 30 day period to test her punctuality, reliability and being trustworthy.  She should not be allowed to go home during her probation period.  

Personally, my most utmost concern would be to maintain privacy about the household.  If she is a tsismis (gossip) or drama queen, don't let the door knob hit her in the butt. She should be gone immediately.  If she gives you those big brown eyes, pleading for a 2nd chance, then you're on your own.  I'm always a sucker for those crocodile tears.....he, he.

That's why, my wife and I decided to hire an older woman or a mature mother figure.  She was great with our kids too.

Respectfully -- Jake

• Like 4

virginprune
Posted
Posted

Don't have a maid, don't need a maid, don't particularly want a maid. Myself and my GF share household duties....although she does the laundry. When we get older and possibly infirm then we would consider it I'm sure.

• Like 5

Gerald Glatt
Posted
Posted
When we get older and possibly infirm then we would consider it I'm sure. You, Larry45 and Kuya John like this Unlike

​As Jake suggested young w/o phone or boyfriend, who doesn't tell.........Find 2 send one

• Like 1