How Dense Are The Cities?

Jollygoodfellow
Posted
Posted

These pics show how dense Pasig city is.

post-1-0-75001800-1434609284_thumb.jpg

Is this what Pasig City really looks like?

A photo shared by media personality Daphne Oseña-Paez on her Facebook page on June 13 had netizens asking that question. The photo shows densely packed houses and buildings with practically no sign of greenery.

Paez said the photo that she took while on a flight last June 12 "was not edited or filtered," only zoomed and cropped.

The photo was also shared by Paez on her Twitter and Instagram accounts along with the full version which she snapped from a plane window.

She said, "Look around your city. Walk it, if you dare brave the non-existent sidewalks. Cross the non-existent pedestrian lanes. Where are the trees? Did anyone even care? Everyone is quick to blame the leaders. But all this happened because of us. And it didn't happen overnight. #thatthingcalledmetromanila."

Her photos quickly went viral on social media, with some netizens doubting its veracity and others saying they only had to check the metro's daily traffic to see that it was real.

Others shared similar aerial photographs of the same area which showed just how densely packed it is.

2010 figures from the National Statistics Office showed that there are 669,773 people living in Pasig City, with a density of 21,606 per sq km.

Manila, on the other hand, has a density of 42,858 people per sq km.

According to a 2007 ranking by City Mayors Statistics, Manila is the 15th densest city in the world in terms of population, which was then at 10,550 people per sq km.

• Like 3

Gerald Glatt
Posted
Posted
Wouldn't you rather live here, than in Pasig? 

:999: Only till the brown out,  75th floor and the generator doesn't kick in until; I am on the stairs @ least 72 floors up :1 (103): 

• Like 2

Methersgate
Posted
Posted (edited)

Wouldn't you rather live here, than in Pasig? 

:999: Only till the brown out,  75th floor and the generator doesn't kick in until; I am on the stairs @ least 72 floors up :1 (103): 

Brown outs? In Hong Kong? Tell that to China Light and Power! 

Unheard of - even in severe typhoons. 

Hong Kong follows British practice - power cables are underground, not above ground.

Edited by Methersgate
  • Like 4

virginprune
Posted
Posted

This is an aerial view of Koronadal. Well, half to be honest, about same to the left of the roundabout as you look at it. It is expanding though, with a new SM and Robinsons in the pipeline.

post-4732-0-88939500-1434643243_thumb.jp

• Like 2

Gerald Glatt
Posted
Posted
power cables are underground, not above ground.

That's the reason Florida Power and Light doesn't.

Because it makes sense.

They should bury my satellite too, goes out every times it storms

• Like 2

mogo51
Posted
Posted

These photographs just confirm whilst I would never live in Metro Manila.

Butmore importantly these types of developments (carnage would be a more appropriate termP where no parks and

recreational areas are provided, rather than greed driven, are needed.

• Like 2

Jollygoodfellow
Posted
Posted

These photographs just confirm whilst I would never live in Metro Manila.

Butmore importantly these types of developments (carnage would be a more appropriate termP where no parks and

recreational areas are provided, rather than greed driven, are needed.

Planned areas like Makati, the Fort etc which have nice parks and are well laid out with recreational areas are the new Metro Manila but what could anyone do with the older areas as there is no where to move the people onto to redevelop so some areas will always remain the same. 

• Like 2

Methersgate
Posted
Posted

In many of the older areas of both Manila and Makati the land titles have fallen in, adding to the complexity of the issues.

The actual reason for the falling out between Binay and Estrada was the question of whether an area where the titles had fallen in was in Manila or Makati

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

• Like 1

• Forum Support
scott h
Posted
Posted
but what could anyone do with the older areas

land titles have fallen in

If you read the news, there is a situation on Boracay right not. The wet market burned down as well as a bunch of "informal settler" (squatters) homes. The city seems to be demanding that any buildings that go up have permits etc. I have heard about this before where areas burn or are destroyed, then and only then does the government try and enforce any type of city planning.

Why?

Here in Paranaque, they wanted to move "informal squatters" off land that was purchased or already owned by the city government. When they showed up with bulldozers and such, there was riot with shots fired. Took well over two years to finally "resettle" the folks so a new Barangay building could go up.

• Like 2