Need Fun List Of Things To Do In Manila

Medic Mike
Posted
Posted

Hi guys, have to go to Manila for 2 weeks next month. I have never really been in that area of the Philippines before, can you guys help me with some must see attractions in the area.

Cheers,

• Forum Support
scott h
Posted
Posted

Live here Mike,,,give me an idea of your interests,,,,remember family board here :hystery:

• Like 1

Medic Mike
Posted
Posted

Live here Mike,,,give me an idea of your interests,,,,remember family board here :hystery:

All my interests are PG if that makes sense.

• Forum Support
scott h
Posted
Posted

Ok, here goes.

1. Intramuros, down town, original old Spanish fort. (near BI) Quezon museum there also

2. Corregidor tour, all day event, need to take a boat out there, but worth the trip. nice hotel there also if you want to make a two day affair out of it

3. Day trip to Tagayatay. Lots here about it

4. Catherals and churches all over the place

5. Antipolo has some nice buildings and such

6. Agano, artist community (kind of like the Philippine bohemian village-home of gigantes, art galleries and that stuff

7. Mall of Asia. Must see especially if your bringing your girl. bring your wallet :hystery:

that should be enough to get you started lolol

• Like 4

• Forum Support
scott h
Posted
Posted

oh

8. Cavite has the Agalnaldo museum. home of the revolution, nice place

9. if you have time take a run up to Bataan. See the "Casa de Filipina" I have a whole post about it. really worth it if you have the time

• Like 3

Jake
Posted
Posted

All my interests are PG if that makes sense.

All those attractions are worth visiting, especially the Bataan Death March.  May I also suggest visiting the temple of Scott in Paranaque, south of Manila.  There you could supervise the construction of my dog house in his back yard.....he, he.  

• Like 2

• Forum Support
scott h
Posted
Posted
visiting the temple of

Speaking of temples, you might also want to take a cab to a the main cemetery. Some of the tombs of the Chinese/Filipino families are just amazing. Air con, full kitchens the whole shooting match.

Medic Mike
Posted
Posted

Ok, here goes.

1. Intramuros, down town, original old Spanish fort. (near BI) Quezon museum there also

2. Corregidor tour, all day event, need to take a boat out there, but worth the trip. nice hotel there also if you want to make a two day affair out of it

3. Day trip to Tagayatay. Lots here about it

4. Catherals and churches all over the place

5. Antipolo has some nice buildings and such

6. Agano, artist community (kind of like the Philippine bohemian village-home of gigantes, art galleries and that stuff

7. Mall of Asia. Must see especially if your bringing your girl. bring your wallet :hystery:

that should be enough to get you started lolol

Thanks Scott, good list to get me going.

oh

8. Cavite has the Agalnaldo museum. home of the revolution, nice place

9. if you have time take a run up to Bataan. See the "Casa de Filipina" I have a whole post about it. really worth it if you have the time

cheers, thanks

chris49
Posted
Posted (edited)

Yeah Mike really, a well traveled guy like you.

I will be down 7th, 8th , 9th, Gina doesn't want to leave the kids this time so bit of a shock I'm going alone. Small caveat. clever girl this Gina on occasion, there's a furniture item she's been wanting, in lieu of the trip she wants the item.

What I will do is head over to Eastwood City and meet my Aussie mate (join us there evening of the 7th), typically we like to have a few beers over Al Fresco, outdoor dining, later will have a bottle of Aussie wine with 1-2 cheeses. He has a condo there, so married man with kids like me, should be a great evening, but straight down the line, nothing untoward will happen.

TOURIST ATTRACTIONS? Not my thing at all, Old Intramuros worth a brief look if you don't mind getting bored.

Next day the 8th. I'm dropping into a gym with spa I used to belong to. Looking for a few old friends not sure, may also drop to Vets Golf Club, I am sure to see a few friends there. There's an event that day, will not play. Meanwhile  back at the spa will avail myself of sauna, steam and a one hour massage, no hanky panky, all in 400 pesos, probably tip 200 if the massage is good.

Down to the Golf Club will have lunch 1-2 beers, might get a free lunch, not sure.

About 3 PM outa there drift back to the hotel (in Recto), by now Gina will be calling, asking me to go home early, so note that.

Late afternoon. There's local karioke joint outdoor but advantage is the girls don't solicit drinks, they help you select the song and sing....50 peso beers and it's 10 pesos a song, so will definitely belt out a few.

Possibly go back for a nap and keep Gina happy take the 2400 bus home,arriving 7 AM.

I have been around, I know what to do. Put me in Bangkok or even Sydney, I know the routine, just give me an extra $500 for the Sydney leg.

Mike 2 weeks in Manila way too long. break out of there to???? Olongapo would be my choice.

PM me if the dates co-incide, and I will give you a few insider tips on accom.

Tagaytay as a day trip would be ok for the view, not overnight, the place is dead come evening.

Edited by chris49

Medic Mike
Posted
Posted

Yeah Mike really, a well traveled guy like you.

I will be down 7th, 8th , 9th, Gina doesn't want to leave the kids this time so bit of a shock I'm going alone. Small caveat. clever girl this Gina on occasion, there's a furniture item she's been wanting, in lieu of the trip she wants the item.

What I will do is head over to Eastwood City and meet my Aussie mate (join us there evening of the 7th), typically we like to have a few beers over Al Fresco, outdoor dining, later will have a bottle of Aussie wine with 1-2 cheeses. He has a condo there, so married man with kids like me, should be a great evening, but straight down the line, nothing untoward will happen.

TOURIST ATTRACTIONS? Not my thing at all, Old Intramuros worth a brief look if you don't mind getting bored.

Next day the 8th. I'm dropping into a gym with spa I used to belong to. Looking for a few old friends not sure, may also drop to Vets Golf Club, I am sure to see a few friends there. There's an event that day, will not play. Meanwhile  back at the spa will avail myself of sauna, steam and a one hour massage, no hanky panky, all in 400 pesos, probably tip 200 if the massage is good.

Down to the Golf Club will have lunch 1-2 beers, might get a free lunch, not sure.

About 3 PM outa there drift back to the hotel (in Recto), by now Gina will be calling, asking me to go home early, so note that.

Late afternoon. There's local karioke joint outdoor but advantage is the girls don't solicit drinks, they help you select the song and sing....50 peso beers and it's 10 pesos a song, so will definitely belt out a few.

Possibly go back for a nap and keep Gina happy take the 2400 bus home,arriving 7 AM.

I have been around, I know what to do. Put me in Bangkok or even Sydney, I know the routine, just give me an extra $500 for the Sydney leg.

Mike 2 weeks in Manila way too long. break out of there to???? Olongapo would be my choice.

PM me if the dates co-incide, and I will give you a few insider tips on accom.

Tagaytay as a day trip would be ok for the view, not overnight, the place is dead come evening.

Sounds good Chris, however I don't arrive till 14th, back home at the end of the month.