Possible To Cancel Flight With Any Company?

Friday11
Posted
Posted

Hi there ,

Me anf my gf are going to thailand and we going to apply for visa before we go in Manila.

To apply the visa we need to show thai embassy flight tickets (round trip).

IF they decide to not approve our visas i want have the option to cancel the flights. 4 tickets is not fun to waste....

I heard this is impossible with Cebu Pacific.

Anyone have experince in this?

Have a greta day all :)

chris49
Posted
Posted

http://www.evisaasia.com/philippines-tourist-visa-requirements-for-thai-citizens.

Thais do not need a visa  to visit Philippines and vice versa.

Budget Airlines do not allow cancellations.  However  (and you don't really need to know this), Cebu Pacific has an 80% refund policy if you were not able to use your ticket. However it is a lengthy process and requires around 2 visits to the main office which is in Megamall, not worth the effort, anyway you are in Thailand.

As an Icelandic Citizen, you also don't need a visa, except for  that for you and her you will be issued with a 21 day visa on arrival in the Phils.

not so old china hand
Posted
Posted (edited)

Hi there ,

Me anf my gf are going to thailand and we going to apply for visa before we go in Manila.

To apply the visa we need to show thai embassy flight tickets (round trip).

IF they decide to not approve our visas i want have the option to cancel the flights. 4 tickets is not fun to waste....

I heard this is impossible with Cebu Pacific.

Anyone have experince in this?

Have a greta day all :)

Chris you beat me to it while my answer was being posted(darn the Great Firewall).

The short answer is "Yes".

I recently flew Beijing - Manila with Cathay Pacific on a discounted economy ticket. It was refundable and reschedulable at a fee of about $50.

Most full-service carriers allow refunds. The fees charged depend on the fare code. So if you buy a ticket just to support a visa application a more expensive ticket might work out cheaper or even free when you get a refund. You can research this easily by looking at the terms and conditions on airlines' booking websites (usually a click-through on the booking page).

Have a good trip

Edited by not so old china hand

sonjack2847
Posted
Posted (edited)

http://www.evisaasia.com/philippines-tourist-visa-requirements-for-thai-citizens.

Thais do not need a visa  to visit Philippines and vice versa.

Budget Airlines do not allow cancellations.  However  (and you don't really need to know this), Cebu Pacific has an 80% refund policy if you were not able to use your ticket. However it is a lengthy process and requires around 2 visits to the main office which is in Megamall, not worth the effort, anyway you are in Thailand.

As an Icelandic Citizen, you also don't need a visa, except for  that for you and her you will be issued with a 21 day visa on arrival in the Phils.

Chris is right except you should get a 30 day visa on entry to the Philippines. Chris I am not meaning to be picky just that it may affect his plans.

Edited by sonjack2847
  • Like 1

Jollygoodfellow
Posted
Posted
Chris is right except you should get a 30 day visa on entry to the Philippines. Chris I am not meaning to be picky just that it may affect his plans.

That is correct and Chris link is outdated  http://www.immigration.gov.ph/index.php/faqs/travel-req  :thumbsup:

Dave Hounddriver
Posted
Posted
Cebu Pacific has an 80% refund policy if you were not able to use your ticket.

Last time I saw a poster on that I noticed it said there was a 2,500 peso minimum retained ticket value, which just about covered any ticket I would buy from them.  Do you know if that is still accurate (saw that poster years ago and it stuck in my mind.)

Friday11
Posted
Posted

We going to stay 60 days+ in Thailand. Thats why we need visas.

Regards

Jollygoodfellow
Posted
Posted

We going to stay 60 days+ in Thailand. Thats why we need visas.

Regards

Let me understand this, you are flying from the Philippines to Thailand ? I think we all thought you were saying you were in Thailand and going to the Philippines. 

bootleultras
Posted
Posted

ok, i'm well and truly confused......................you're already here in the Philippines and looking to go to Thailand?

Friday11
Posted
Posted

Hi there ,

Yes we are IN Manila.

Regards