The Care And Feeding Of An Expat

Tukaram (Tim)
Posted
Posted

As far as the actual feeding goes... my wife has talked to other wives and they are all amazed at how easy I am to feed.  :)

Bitter melon makes a good breakfast.  I don't need beef very often, pork & chicken are fine... she can cook it however she wants...  Just no seafood or jackfruit. 

If we start to run low on money just keep both of us away from the mall.    :tiphat:

• Like 4

Jack Peterson
Posted
Posted

Apparently! our wives know, that we must be fed contently   post-2148-0-26372000-1434940577_thumb.pn

yeah we know it's True  :rolleyes:

JP :tiphat:

• Like 4

Guy F.
Posted
Posted

As far as the actual feeding goes... my wife has talked to other wives and they are all amazed at how easy I am to feed.  :)

Bitter melon makes a good breakfast.  I don't need beef very often, pork & chicken are fine... she can cook it however she wants...  Just no seafood or jackfruit. 

If we start to run low on money just keep both of us away from the mall.    :tiphat:

Aversion to jackfruit is understandable. Is it any of our business why there will be no seafood for you?

Tukaram (Tim)
Posted
Posted

Aversion to jackfruit is understandable. Is it any of our business why there will be no seafood for you?

Because it taste like the ocean ha ha.   In the US I eat fried shrimp but here they have too strong a fishy taste.  If you are from the US you may be familiar with Long John Silver's or Capt D's - their flavorless white fish is almost to fishy tasting for me.  :tiphat:

Guy F.
Posted
Posted

I sympathize. My experience has been that seafood in the PI is much better (and cheaper!) than it is here. Really fresh fish is impossible to get. A lot of the frozen fish is farm-raised and has a musty taste.

• Like 1

Crocodile
Posted
Posted

4.  Get yourself a megawatt amplifier to hear yourself think, as your neighbor blasts away, singing My Way

I was recently on Olango Island (if you haven't been there, look it up - I highly recommend it) and apparently the festival was a few weeks prior so they still had the sound system from the festival.  They set up the speakers at the end of a T-Intersection and I can only say that the speaker stack was about 20ft x 20ft and VERY VERY LOUD!!!  The videoke places were definitely secondary within a 1000ft radius.

i am bob
Posted
Posted (edited)

Ah, yes, the 2 finger tap... I had 3 of the local nannies all taking turns tapping my arm and I didn't have a clue what it was about... Of course, my friend (a Filipino) was laughing so hard he had to go find a tree to water! :D

Edited by i am bob
Spelling
  • Like 2