Help Needed To Free Up Space On Disk D

Jollygoodfellow
Posted
Posted

I don`t know too much about computers but on disc d i picked a folder and deleted it and so far all seems ok

WOW, did you look at what the folder was named? Please dont touch C drive  :unsure:  

• Like 1

i am bob
Posted
Posted

When I came to the Philippines, I brought 3 laptops with me... A MacBook, my old HP business machine loaded with Linux, and another new Asus laptop I would throw Windows 8 on when I had to do a Windows thing... But 3 laptops? So I sold one! No more worrying about too much bad data, or having to defrag or... Goodbye Mr Asus and Windows!

• Like 1

sonjack2847
Posted
Posted

I don`t know too much about computers but on disc d i picked a folder and deleted it and so far all seems ok

WOW, did you look at what the folder was named? Please dont touch C drive  :unsure:  

Yes I did look and it was back up for updates which I figured I didn`t need to be backed up. Disc c I have not touched but I did manage to free up 4GB on it by deleting 3 films and commentary from videos my wife had watched and downloaded.

sonjack2847
Posted
Posted

Could someone tell me what a system image is and is it safe to delete the back files for this?

virginprune
Posted
Posted

Could someone tell me what a system image is and is it safe to delete the back files for this?

Do not delete! This is an image of your operating system that you can use to reinstall if your original goes belly up!

• Like 2

sonjack2847
Posted
Posted

Do not delete! This is an image of your operating system that you can use to reinstall if your original goes belly up!

Thanks glad I waited haha.

• Like 1

Jollygoodfellow
Posted
Posted

I think to be on the safe side you need to be banned from the workings of the computer. I mean you really need to be careful what you are deleting.  :)

• Like 2

Jack Peterson
Posted
Posted

You put it on, just let the C.C. Cleaner do the job :thumbsup: