Bringing Girlfriend To The U.s.?

Jollygoodfellow
Posted
Posted
That would be great, thanks.  I realize the chances are very slim, but I need to make the attempt.

Will get back to as I have to wait till a friend comes online who knows the agency details.  :thumbsup:

• Like 1

• Forum Support
scott h
Posted
Posted

Just to add my 2 cents, my brother and sister in law have current multi entrance visas to the states. They have 2 daughters in the states, one a citizen and one a legal resident married to a us citizen. And they sweat each time they visit because of the horror stories about being refused entry at the Port of Entry.

Good luck :cheersty:

• Like 2

Jollygoodfellow
Posted
Posted

That would be great, thanks.  I realize the chances are very slim, but I need to make the attempt.

Will get back to as I have to wait till a friend comes online who knows the agency details.  :thumbsup:

And here is the answer and website of agent. As I said I know this company is doing well with visa to Aus but as for USA let us know if they helped you.  http://cebufortune.com/

• Like 1

bows00
Posted
Posted

Upon going back to the states, aren't there countless stories of much younger Filipina's being taken away by young strapping guys?  Maybe this is a blessing in disguise? 

• Like 2

bows00
Posted
Posted

I'm sorry for assuming that you are the typical expat in his fifties with a young filipina in her 20's.  And I am also sorry for assuming such horrible things that your girlfriend will leave you, but I have been searching these forums and have done my share of research for the past 4 years, and what I was incinuating is a very common theme...  young beautiful filipnas come to the states and find they are a rare commodity, and in demand... and eventually find the partner that got them there, just ordinary... and that she can do better... maybe not immediately, but she will eventually be associated with a circle of friends that will influence her in that direction...

Maybe I am being too cynical here, but it happens... a lot. 

For me, when I make my move there, and if I am happy, I will just plant my roots... just in case... 

• Like 4

Jack Peterson
Posted
Posted

Upon going back to the states, aren't there countless stories of much younger Filipina's being taken away by young strapping guys?  Maybe this is a blessing in disguise? 

I guess this is one of the main reasons that Western Immigration Agencies are starting to look more deeply into the Age Differences. 

JP :tiphat:

• Forum Support
Old55
Posted
Posted

Generalizations are just that nothing more.

• Like 2

bows00
Posted
Posted

Yes, agree to a point.  It does not apply to every case.  But happens too frequently to completely ignore.

Jollygoodfellow
Posted
Posted

Yes, agree to a point.  It does not apply to every case.  But happens too frequently to completely ignore.

In this case the OP asked about a visit for a month or so not permanently so can we stick with that subject in this topic thanks.  :thumbsup:

WordsandMusic
Posted
Posted

I have seen the age difference thing show its ugly head about 6 times in the past 5 years. I agree it has a lot to do with the Filipina becoming more in tune with her attributes. They start getting a lot of looks and soon realize they are being checked out as a young woman in a flattering way. Add the other Filipinas to the mix,  she has come in contact with who have been in the states of a few years, they start telling there stories and talking relationships and age differences, you end up with the perfect storm. Add to the mix your Filipina wife starts working and every horn dogged whipper snapper is crossing the line with every kind of advance they can make. It breaks a few of them down. But not all of them. Most Filipinas I know are grateful, Loyal and goal setting. They want to have a family and have a home and a social life. The bad part about the social life is the filipinas here can be very mean if you don't fit in or comply with the social butt kissing that shows who's in charge. Facebook is the weapon of choice and they will attack like wolves running down a lonely sick Bison, It's relentless. Money talks here. If you have capital to spread around at parties and the mall, if you wear the right clothes and say the right things to the right people your going to be Ok. Your expected to go to nearly all parties or you're considered an outsider, the group leaves you behind. Don't accept any help or charity what so ever, even if given in the most charitable christian way. You will owe these people forever. Your expected to inform all those within ear shot at any opportunity just how much these people have done for you. If you don't they will light up face book like a Christmas tree. This will go on forever. I have seen the ugly here and it's scary. Jealousy is always the flavor of the day. Keeping up with the Jones is a race no body wins, but they try hard any way. Some give up, become a recluse at home, get off face book and dry up like jack fruit. They pour themselves into the family realizing the dream is not such a great dream. They start to miss home and talk about the Philippines more and more. So yes it's possible to loose your wife here, but in many ways, not just to another man! Take plenty of Photos of her washing clothes in the Philippines and cooking in the dirty kitchen. Those will end up being your favorite Pics, as you try to find the woman you brought to the states. Some of us get lucky and that is the miracle of my life. 

• Like 1