Bringing Girlfriend To The U.s.?

calasiaobound
Posted
Posted

One guy I met online got his gf a tourist visa to the states. But he said she had to have a bank account here in the Philippines with more than p50k..ties to the Philippines such as a job or kids. Documentation of a long term relationship with you..including visits by you with evidence of such. Letters from you, your bank accounts.. Tax returns etc.

This takes time to establish as you cannot merely open her an account with some cash in it..then apply. Has to have some history behind it. It's not easy by any means unfortunately..

davewe
Posted
Posted

Upon going back to the states, aren't there countless stories of much younger Filipina's being taken away by young strapping guys?  Maybe this is a blessing in disguise? 

I guess this is one of the main reasons that Western Immigration Agencies are starting to look more deeply into the Age Differences. 

JP :tiphat:

While the USCIS does look at age differences I see no evidence that they look at it more closely than a few years ago. There only concern (and a reasonable one at that) is the viability of the visa application. They are not concerned about your future happiness in marriage but whether visa fraud is being perpetrated. That being said the vast majority of application and adjustment of status applications are approved and many of not most of those that are not are denied because the guy in question doesn't make enough money - or can't prove that he does.

All this being said I got a real kick out of our AOS interview where the lady asked me if I realized that I was 35 years older than my wife. I couldn't help myself and answered, "No. No ones ever mentioned that."

• Like 1

russellmania
Posted
Posted

I met a 19yr old girl in Cebu City in 2006 and we dated for awhile but from her questions to me I knew she was looking for a hubby to migrate to the U.S. My plan was to retire in Cebu so I broke it off. She met a 55yr old guy online and they dated ONLINE for a year before he decided to come to Phils to marry her and bring her back to the states. Her facebook changed from ordinary household photos to going out and partying with her newfound filipina girlfriends she met in the U.S.  Within 3 yrs and 2 kids for him my friend decided to divorce him. Now the guy has to keep working and pay child support for his kids. Shes dating a younger guy now and they have a one yr old child and seem happy with each other. I have another friend that married a American about 4 yrs ago BUT they live in a rural area and not the big city. She is a full time housewife and they have 2 kids and she says she is bored but happy. Shes isolated with zero options but anything is better then working as a bargirl in Phils living hand to mouth like she was doing.

• Like 3