Spiral Staircase

RBM
Posted
Posted

Hi Guys.

Would ask anyone living in or around Bacolod know of a welding shop with experience in making above.

There are some local welding shops where I am but totally unfamiliar with what I require and my patience has gone after 70% complete with our project.

Any advice greatly appreciated. Thanks.

Jack Peterson
Posted
RBM
Posted
Posted

Any advice greatly appreciated. Thanks.

RBM, we considered a spiral for awhile, very space efficient. But decided against it as we plan on staying here for a looooooong time. A spiral would be tough once the knees start going out etc. etc. So we built with "senorita" steps. Just a thought, good luck.

(oh insure that if you build one that it is clockwise, that way you can hold your shield in your left hand and sword in the right and the barbarians assaulting up the staircase are at a disadvantage, lolol just a little historical tidbit :thumbsup: )

Ha Ha thanks the historical advice Scott, Jack thanks the links and comments.

We had a delicious pizza today at Gerrys on the beach, speaking to Jerry he mentioned a weld shop in nearby Bacong whom make them. They make an excellent job, include transportation and installation. We were happy with price and quality.

Scott surprised as it may be... my GF is considerably younger than myself....she will still enjoy the views when my old knees give up. Thanks the tip.

• Like 2

Gerald Glatt
Posted
Posted
oh insure that if you build one that it is clockwise, that way you can hold your shield in your left hand and sword in the right and the barbarians assaulting up the staircase are at a disadvantage, lolol just a little historical tidbit  ) Dave Hounddriver, Jack Peterson, Larry45 and 1 other like this Like This Selective Quote Top Quote MultiQuote

What if your left handed 

• Forum Support
scott h
Posted
Posted
What if your left handed

Being a south paw myself, I have asked this question. A left handed guy was usually the poor slob that had to dump the pot of boiling oil over the rampart, or in the attack carry the battering ram............. :th_unfair: ..BLATANT discrimination I tell you

• Like 3

Gerald Glatt
Posted
Posted

@least with the oil we're first to the fish fry.  Not liking the battering ram idea unless they're cooking fish inside. :tiphat:  

• Like 1

RBM
Posted
Posted

Should of added here same shop makes steel fences for what I consider to be of good quality and excellent value. Normal common design, steel painted with epoxy primer, epoxy top coat is P1200 a running meter.

We are going ahead as they will also deliver within a couple hundred KM. Shop as often the case looks a total mess, work is good though. Location is around 1km south of Gerrys on the beach Bacong, right side.

• Like 2