Overstaying Your Visa.

Jollygoodfellow
Posted
Posted

Your visa date starts the next day so if you arrived at 3pm Monday then your stay in the Philippines is counted as Tuesday the first day.

Agreed but the main thing is the Extension Date Whatever is the last extension date in the Passport will Expire at Midnight of that Valid date

JP :tiphat:

ah OK, I see what ya mean   :thumbsup:

• Like 2

RBM
Posted
Posted

My understanding for people whom have over stayed for an extended period, like the friend of the OP.

Write a long detailed letter, groveling style, explaining, asking forgiveness etc. this is what they like, take it personally to main BIL office. As previously stated expect a substantial penalty.

I flew out a month or so back at 5pm, this was the same day as my visa expired, no worries.

• Like 2

Jack Peterson
Posted
Posted
I will only have been in country for 4 months

if I make as Bold and Cheekey as to ask your latest date of Entry my friend.

Just don't want you to fall fouls of things here.

chris49
Posted
Posted

My understanding for people whom have over stayed for an extended period, like the friend of the OP.

Write a long detailed letter, groveling style, explaining, asking forgiveness etc. this is what they like, take it personally to main BIL office. As previously stated expect a substantial penalty.

I flew out a month or so back at 5pm, this was the same day as my visa expired, no worries.

I don't think it makes a difference. Fines are universal across the board. I don't feel like making a personal plea on an overstay which is a routine occurrence. And let's say you actually don't have the funds.....what? You are foreigner over here enjoying our country and suddenly you don't have money? No consideration for that, call your family or report to your embassy,

Larry45
Posted
Posted

I know this American who has overstayed by 14 months. I have told him I will take him to the BI and sort it out.I don`t think he will get locked up (he is 69 years old) but does anybody know roughly what he can expect to happen so as I can forewarn him. He has been stupid but is not a bad person.

Should cost him about p42,000 (p2000 overdue fees/month + p1000 fine/month)  and maybe a little extra to cover ECC, ACR card, etc.  He will also have to leave the country ASAP, but should be OK for re-entry if he pays in full.  A buddy of mine went thru this a year ago, and that's what it cost him.  I've heard it's possible to get the total cost reduced, but I wouldn't count on it.  Also, there is a deadline of Sept 30, 2015 for all over stayers and illegals to register and make themselves legal.  But it's not really clear how things will change after that.   Good luck to your friend, and he should be OK if he just pays in full.

• Like 5

virginprune
Posted
Posted

I will only have been in country for 4 months

if I make as Bold and Cheekey as to ask your latest date of Entry my friend.

Just don't want you to fall fouls of things here.

My latest date of entry was 1st June this year, leaving on 1st October this year.

sonjack2847
Posted
Posted

A friend of mine overstayed for 2 months and that cost him 30,000p. That was at Gensan office. I believe it is 500p a day but not sure.

On a side note, I will have ext until 30th September, next time. I will be leaving on 1st October to visit UK for a few weeks, the BI have told me I have to do a full 2 month ext just for the extra 15 hours I will be here. I will think I will just play ignorant at the airport.

My friend had his flight delayed and he tried to leave and ended staying here another 2 weeks as they had no record of his annual report thingy which we all had to go through. Best you pay the 2830 to be safe.

• Like 1

sonjack2847
Posted
Posted

the BI have told me I have to do a full 2 month ext just for the extra 15 hours I will be here. I will think I will just play ignorant at the airport.

Not sure you will get away with that  :no:  as they will catch you out when you go for your ECC

JP  :tiphat:

I will only have been in country for 4 months, in the BI office it states that I have to get an ECC if I have been here continuously for 6 months or longer. I expect though that I will have to pay for 1 day over at the airport. If this is the case, is it likely to affect my status when I return in November?

No once you pay up the arrears it is all forgiven usually.

sonjack2847
Posted
Posted

Fine for Overstaying – (additional) Php 500.00 per month
Motion for Reconsideration for Overstaying – (additional) Php 500.00
LFR – Php 10.00

I overstayed  by about 2 weeks as my new passport got held up and the fine was as you say p500.

• Like 1

RBM
Posted
Posted

I don't think it makes a difference. Fines are universal across the board. I don't feel like making a personal plea on an overstay which is a routine occurrence. And let's say you actually don't have the funds.....what? You are foreigner over here enjoying our country and suddenly you don't have money? No consideration for that, call your family or report to your embassy,

I based my comments on advice given to an acquaintance of mine by an immigration attorney. He was 2 years over, sorry not able remember the penalties but he was not black listed or imprisoned. Maybe if there is a medical explanation it could be useful.

• Like 1