Overstaying Your Visa.

virginprune
Posted
Posted

A friend of mine overstayed for 2 months and that cost him 30,000p. That was at Gensan office. I believe it is 500p a day but not sure.

On a side note, I will have ext until 30th September, next time. I will be leaving on 1st October to visit UK for a few weeks, the BI have told me I have to do a full 2 month ext just for the extra 15 hours I will be here. I will think I will just play ignorant at the airport.

My friend had his flight delayed and he tried to leave and ended staying here another 2 weeks as they had no record of his annual report thingy which we all had to go through. Best you pay the 2830 to be safe.

I don't think I am up to the annual report thing yet as I am still a newbie. This is my longest stay so far, when I am back in November I intend to be permanent, married, the whole caboodle. Then I think the annual reporting will be relevant to me. I am happy to be corrected on any of this.

sonjack2847
Posted
Posted

A friend of mine overstayed for 2 months and that cost him 30,000p. That was at Gensan office. I believe it is 500p a day but not sure.

On a side note, I will have ext until 30th September, next time. I will be leaving on 1st October to visit UK for a few weeks, the BI have told me I have to do a full 2 month ext just for the extra 15 hours I will be here. I will think I will just play ignorant at the airport.

My friend had his flight delayed and he tried to leave and ended staying here another 2 weeks as they had no record of his annual report thingy which we all had to go through. Best you pay the 2830 to be safe.

I don't think I am up to the annual report thing yet as I am still a newbie. This is my longest stay so far, when I am back in November I intend to be permanent, married, the whole caboodle. Then I think the annual reporting will be relevant to me. I am happy to be corrected on any of this.

The report I am talking about is the one anybody who has stayed here longer than 6 months has to do before september this year. His flight was delayed by 24 hours and it caused him no end of trouble. And quite a bit of money.

• Like 1

Dave Hounddriver
Posted
Posted
I am happy to be corrected on any of this.

You need to check that you are registered with the ARP (Alien Registration Program) as I have heard this can cause holdups.  It is required after 59 days but I do not know how much leeway they give at the airport.  Best to ask at BI

• Like 2

Jack Peterson
Posted
Posted

Time I think to read what the BOI have to say about this Folks.

http://www.gmanetwork.com/news/story/382255/news/nation/bi-to-fine-foreigners-who-don-t-join-alien-registration-program

JP :tiphat:

• Like 4

i am bob
Posted
Posted

http://www.gmanetwork.com/news/story/382255/news/nation/bi-to-fine-foreigners-who-don-t-join-alien-registration-program

Great report, Jack! But I'm not sure what the Board of Investments has to say about the subject...

Hehe! Sorry to pick on you, Jack! Quite a few members do this as well... But I get thrown for a loop everytime someone refers to the BI office as BOI which, as I previously mentioned, is the Board of Investments! Thanks all!

Jack Peterson
Posted
Posted

Great report, Jack! But I'm not sure what the Board of Investments has to say about the subject...

Hehe! Sorry to pick on you, Jack! Quite a few members do this as well... But I get thrown for a loop everytime someone refers to the BI office as BOI which, as I previously mentioned, is the Board of Investments! Thanks all!

:hystery:  You do it your way matey and the rest of us will do it ours

bootleultras
Posted
Posted

A colleague of mine just paid his visa after overstaying almost 1 year, he went 1 day before 1 year and paid 24,000.....he was told if he left it to the next day it would've been 39,000, god knows how they work it out but that's the cost!

bootleultras
Posted
Posted

Well the BOI in Makati is actually where the Immigration office is located.....dont know about anywhere else  :thumbsup:

sonjack2847
Posted
Posted

Well where ever he has to go (boi bi church) and what ever he has to pay it will be done in the next 2 weeks thanks for the answers.

• Like 1

Dave Hounddriver
Posted
Posted
Well where ever he has to go (boi bi church)

Funny you should mention church.  A friend of mine had overstayed by more than a couple of years so he went to the pastor of his church and confessed that he did not know what to do.  For a reasonable donation to the church, the pastor went to Cebu to plead his case and was able to get some clemency.  The total cost was about 50,000 pesos but remember that is not an official rate, its the rate for poverty stricken confessors who want to leave the country.  Unfortunately the silly fool came back to Philippines a few days after leaving and 30 days later was again overstaying.  I don't think they will be lenient with him this time.

• Like 2