Overstaying Your Visa.

virginprune
Posted
Posted

Time I think to read what the BOI have to say about this Folks.

http://www.gmanetwork.com/news/story/382255/news/nation/bi-to-fine-foreigners-who-don-t-join-alien-registration-program

JP :tiphat:

I went to the BI in Gensan today, to get it from the horses mouth as it were. On my next extension, 30th July, I will get 59 days, apply for the ARC card and complete the ARP, all together. This comes in at a total cost of 7800p. Sounds simple enough but I will reserve judgement until afterwards.

• Like 1

sonjack2847
Posted
Posted

Time I think to read what the BOI have to say about this Folks.

http://www.gmanetwork.com/news/story/382255/news/nation/bi-to-fine-foreigners-who-don-t-join-alien-registration-program

I went to the BI in Gensan today, to get it from the horses mouth as it were. On my next extension, 30th July, I will get 59 days, apply for the ARC card and complete the ARP, all together. This comes in at a total cost of 7800p. Sounds simple enough but I will reserve judgement until afterwards.

One thing I will tell you about the arp is that it asks for spouses parents information and they actually mean your parents. I and some other people I know were caught out by this.

• Like 2

i am bob
Posted
Posted (edited)

When I did my ARP, there was a gentleman at the table on the side assisting for those who had questions... I told him that my father has passed away a few months before and my 90 year old mother was in a nursing home... He just marked both as N/A - Not Applicable...

Edited by i am bob
  • Like 1

Jack Peterson
Posted
Posted

When I did my ARP, there was a gentleman at the table on the side assisting for those who had questions... I told him that my father has passed away a few months before and my 90 year old mother was in a nursing home... He just marked both as N/A - Not Applicable...

How odd that different offices want different things.

Even on my marriage license and Marriage Contract they still wanted names Place of Birth and (Deceased) after it all.

One day they might all sing from the same Hymn sheet, and even get the same Verse. :no:

• Like 1

• 2 months later...
sonjack2847
Posted
Posted

I know this American who has overstayed by 14 months. I have told him I will take him to the BI and sort it out.I don`t think he will get locked up (he is 69 years old) but does anybody know roughly what he can expect to happen so as I can forewarn him. He has been stupid but is not a bad person.

UPDATE.

Yesterday I took him to Dumaguete but they told him he has to go to Manila. OK anybody know a hotel near immigration and how much he can expect to pay for a taxi from the air port to the BI.

Thanks in advance.

• Like 2

Jack Peterson
Posted
Posted

Yesterday I took him to Dumaguete

post-2148-0-64205200-1442459468.jpg  :hystery:

JP :no:

• Like 4

sonjack2847
Posted
Posted

Yesterday I took him to Dumaguete

attachicon.gifwot no beers.jpg  :hystery:

JP :no:

I didn`t know how long it would take so didn`t want to make arrangements which maybe I could not keep. Don`t worry next time I am over I will let you know so as you are not left dry so stop sulking ok.

chris49
Posted
Posted

I know this American who has overstayed by 14 months. I have told him I will take him to the BI and sort it out.I don`t think he will get locked up (he is 69 years old) but does anybody know roughly what he can expect to happen so as I can forewarn him. He has been stupid but is not a bad person.

UPDATE.

Yesterday I took him to Dumaguete but they told him he has to go to Manila. OK anybody know a hotel near immigration and how much he can expect to pay for a taxi from the air port to the BI.

Thanks in advance.

Airport Taxis are nasty. What should cost 400 will cost 900 no meter. I don't know how to get around it. Try a bus which will go to a central location like Mall of Asia. Move from there by FX or a standard  taxi.

Hotel all over Malate or Ermita, close enough but not walking. Ask someone. 1200-1500 for a full 24 hours. Sogo my choice.

• Like 2

Jack Peterson
Posted
Posted (edited)

I didn`t know how long it would take so didn`t want to make arrangements which maybe I could not keep. Don`t worry next time I am over I will let you know so as you are not left dry so stop sulking ok.

No  post-2148-0-86043500-1442466416.jpg makes me post-2148-0-16860700-1442466438_thumb.jp    OK       :hystery:

Usual Edit time :mocking:

Edited by Jack Peterson
  • Like 1

Tukaram (Tim)
Posted
Posted

There is an expat on YouTube that overstayed 2 years!  Now he is surprised they won't let him back into the PI's without a p150,000 fine.  I am surprised they let him leave without paying it first ha ha...

Stay up to date guys.  It just has to be the easiest way to stay here.  :tiphat:

• Like 3