Overstaying Your Visa.

virginprune
Posted
Posted

A friend of mine has just had to sort out his overstay of 14 months. It cost him, all told, 57,000p to get up to date. He did not have to go to Manila, he did it all through the satellite office in Glan.

On another issue, he has been informed that he can get a 6 month ext through that office. Whereas, I have been informed at Gensan office that I need to go to Davao for a 6 month ext. Mileage certainly varies here!

• Like 2

chris49
Posted
Posted (edited)

A friend of mine has just had to sort out his overstay of 14 months. It cost him, all told, 57,000p to get up to date. He did not have to go to Manila, he did it all through the satellite office in Glan.

On another issue, he has been informed that he can get a 6 month ext through that office. Whereas, I have been informed at Gensan office that I need to go to Davao for a 6 month ext. Mileage certainly varies here!

Some people are so bold and brave and like in this guy's case, he probably broke even if you consider he did not have to travel during this period.

But like most of us law abiding citizens, what is you get a legal action or a traffic violation meantime and you don't have the 57 k handy. You could be deported even blacklisted just like that.

Edited by chris49
  • Like 1

jpbago
Posted
Posted

The other day at the BI in Bacolod, a Fil-Can was complaining that NAIA had given him a 29 day visa upon arrival even though he presented his birth certificate showing that he was born in Bacolod. His Fil passport had expired so he was using his Canadian passport. He was told to get his Fil passport renewed asap, get a 30 day visa extension now, go to Hong Kong and then come back on his Fil passport. The other option was to get a 6 month visa extension. He was angry. He kept on saying "But I am a Filipino"

Jack Peterson
Posted
Posted

"But I am a Filipino"

That's all Very well JP but a Filipino without a  Valid Filipino Passport. Lucky he had his Canadian one to fall back on EH?

We moan when they don't and we moan when they do, the Job Right

Just saying :)

Jack :unsure:

• Like 1

Tukaram (Tim)
Posted
Posted

He probably was supposed to get his Filipino passport renewed before traveling if he wanted to use it.

• Like 3

Jack Peterson
Posted
Posted
get a 30 day visa extension now,

Now there is something, Even though he is a Filipino he is here on a Canadian Passport, I wonder if that will make him Tourist with Extensions until he gets his Filipino Passport renewed?

Dave Hounddriver
Posted
Posted
"But I am a Filipino"

Isn't that what Senator Grace Poe keeps saying?  It seems that once a filipino gets citizenship in another country he is disowned here, unless he comes back and renews his Philippine citizenship/passport

• Like 2

jpbago
Posted
Posted

Now there is something, Even though he is a Filipino he is here on a Canadian Passport, I wonder if that will make him Tourist with Extensions until he gets his Filipino Passport renewed?

I think that without a valid Fil passport, it would appear that he is a Canadian citizen so he needs visa extensions or else he would be an illegal alien.

The supervisor at BI showed him a form letter with, I think, one passport main page picture, not sure if it was Fil or Can, and said that he needs that from the Canadian Embassy to show that he is a dual citizen, not just by having 2 passports.

FlyAway
Posted
Posted

I think that without a valid Fil passport, it would appear that he is a Canadian citizen so he needs visa extensions or else he would be an illegal alien.

The supervisor at BI showed him a form letter with, I think, one passport main page picture, not sure if it was Fil or Can, and said that he needs that from the Canadian Embassy to show that he is a dual citizen, not just by having 2 passports.

My wife has dual citizenship. Has the paper you are referring to. I have her keep both USA and Philippine passports up to date. Last time there in Philippines Immigration asked to see the form and her Philippine passport if we wanted a Balikbayan VISA. She had the form but told them we were leaving after 24 days so no need for the BB stamp. They told her coming in on a USA passport does not prove she is a citizen if she were to overstay.

This was our first time back since she got her US Citizenship and US Passport. All their requirements are easy and reasonable.

• Like 2

sonjack2847
Posted
Posted

My friend did all the paperwork and paid the fine in Manila this included the annual report. They charged but never it out so we went to Dumaguete yesterday and they sorted it for him and never charged anything extra. They are being really helpful at that office lately.

• Like 1