The Culture Of Distrust?

Jack Peterson
Posted
Posted (edited)
I work in London; my Chief Accountant is a Filipino, trained at SGV, but has lived in the UK for decades, and he exhibits the same mistrust of anything and everyone!

On this I will concur. I do believe it is written into their learning and training. :rolleyes:

JP :tiphat:

addition to post. 

I worked for 12 years for a major International Accountants employing many Filipinos. they checked others work  with absolute scrutiny.

Edited by Jack Peterson
  • Like 1

Tukaram (Tim)
Posted
Posted

The Filipinos I know are all very honest.  I wonder if it comes down from management.  The bosses thinking the poor Filipinos are all out to scam them (as the bosses do). 

We had some bosses like that at my old job (Dallas schools), I told them many times if they don't trust me to fire me - otherwise leave me the F alone.  Almost every one of those bosses had to quit to avoid prosecution. 

• Like 3

Gratefuled
Posted
Posted

I am taking a S.W.A.G. at it. I suspect poverty has a lot to do with it. Force of habit. Even if one can afford to pay for it. I've seen kids open up a bag of candy and start eating from it at a grocery market. I had to stop them. They hurried off laffing as they ran.

Why do you think there is no toilet paper in the stalls in public CRs?  The customers will steal it. That's what I was told.

S.W.A.G.   ( Scientific Wild Ass Guess ) and expression I heard once from someone in management.

• Like 3

• Forum Support
scott h
Posted
Posted
The Filipinos I know are all very honest

Agreed Tim, most the Filipinos are honest when dealing with folks they know or are related to. If your not family or friends, watch out lol.

You know we always talk about the Kano tax, but if we pay close attention, anybody is open to being gouged, while else are Filipinos so skilled at haggle :hystery: ng

• Like 1

• Forum Support
Old55
Posted
Posted

How many Spanish colonies were able to later become successful democracies? Perhaps a mixture of family-tribe first with Catholicism enables many to do whatever because "its for my family" "its fate". I'll just say a few Hail Mary's and its all good. 

It is human nature to not trust but the institutionalization of mistrust is very high in Philippines.

reagan.jpg

• Like 2

• Forum Support
scott h
Posted
Posted
How many Spanish colonies were able to later become successful democracies

Florida??? :hystery: ....oh wait, forgot about the chads,,,nevermind

• Like 2

Jack Peterson
Posted
Posted
How many Spanish colonies were able to later become successful democracies?

Not sure even Spain Did Old.

JP :tiphat:

• Like 3

WordsandMusic
Posted
Posted

My Mother in law had a kid walk through her house looking for anything metal to sell. Didn't care if she was there or not. She ran him off with a stick or something, but my wife stated that if they think they can get something from you without too much hassle they certainly will. If they see something they really like, they will wait and come back later and get it. 

• Like 1