F***ing Stupid Bank Policy

earthdome
Posted
Posted

For me I would prefer saving up for the car and pay cash.

Aha, but you forget the thread where my motorcycle was stolen, so its a question of walking, using my down-payment to buy a motorcycle, or using my down-payment on a car.  Life is filled with choices  :thumbsup:

Edit:  In the meantime I am getting in lots of frequent jeepney miles  :hystery:

Ahh, yeah, I forgot that detail. I would get another motorcycle and some good rain gear for those times during the rainy season when you really have to go out for food. But that is my preference. Of course I don't have that dilemma since I am back in the states.

RBM
Posted
Posted

It sounds like you are going to get soaked either way Dave. By riding your motorcycle one more rainy season while you save up the money to pay cash OR soaked by all the extra fee's and high interest rate of a car loan.

For me I would prefer saving up for the car and pay cash.

Was about to write exactly this.

Dave as wet and painful as it maybe, by paying cash you going to save a heap of grief, money hassle.

Friend of mine just made an offer on a little Toyota here in Bacolod, was just over half of the dealers asking price. He was told ...your insulting go away, anyway he left his number. Few hours later dealer called wanting to negotiate. Fast forward he bought at his price.

Worth the wait in my opinion.

• Like 2

Jack Peterson
Posted
Posted (edited)

So the Plot Thickens, according to my Bank yes they do this but be wary of the questions, My bank manager says, they should never ever ask about your bank Details and if they do it is not an authorized call. Of course we would never give any details over the Phone when that call is incoming but I know we all have the common sense not to let this happen. I found this bit about these Interviews and maybe it will show that many may be in the same boat. It is not a new thing. and seems not just confined to the PI

https://answers.yahoo.com/question/index?qid=20100821130407AAIjaLR

JP  :tiphat:

Morning all. :morning1:

Edited for spell check :1 (103):

Edited by Jack Peterson
  • Like 1

Thomas
Posted
Posted
As in most relationships with a Filipina, one cannot resist those brown eyes smiling at you whenever they want something special (expensive).
So better be blindfooolded    :hystery:   
As far as teaching a new western culture or practices like the word BUDGET
Rather many Filipinas use the word, but I have never heared anyone used it in sentences other than as "I'm out of budget for that"  :lol:
  • Like 3

william_c
Posted
Posted

Let me share my experiences too.

Went to a KIA dealer and was quoted stupid numbers for a small size car. Back calculated the numbers and interest rate for a 3 year chattel was 32%. Needless to say, never went back. 

Currently talking to Toyota. Sales associate claims chattel rate of 7-9 percent over 3 years. However, that doesn't align with the 17% quoted at BDO for a two year loan. So, I think we will just buy a multicab van with cash and tell the banks and dealers to FO.

• Like 5