Foreigners.....that Filipina With You Underage? Off To Jail You Go.

Dave Hounddriver
Posted
Posted
On 6/30/2015 at 9:29 AM, Old55 said:

lawyer Noemi Abarientos of the Children’s Legal Bureau said this intent will not spare him from charges.

And yet you say

10 minutes ago, i am bob said:

I came across that info while researching foreign divorces for a friend about a year ago

Methinks the man in jail would really welcome having you for a lawyer and telling that lawyer for the Children's Legal Bureau that she has no jurisdiction here :hystery::hystery::whistling:

Jollygoodfellow
Posted
Posted

3 year old topic and still going :tongue:

• Hmm thinking 1

i am bob
Posted
Posted
21 hours ago, Dave Hounddriver said:

And yet you say

Methinks the man in jail would really welcome having you for a lawyer and telling that lawyer for the Children's Legal Bureau that she has no jurisdiction here :hystery::hystery::whistling:

That's right, Dave...  You're forgetting...  The guy was living with a 17 year old...  I said 18 and above...  Little difference in age but a big difference in the law...

• Thanks 1

OnMyWay
Posted
Posted
23 hours ago, i am bob said:

Then I found out she was 21...  Her Facebook had 1997 as her Year of Birth...  Ok, I can live with that...  The day before her birthday, we were talking and she said she would be so happy to finally be 20...  Um, yeah, so today you are still 19..?  Ah, heck...  So people will call me a dirty old man...  But she's worth it..!

Sorry Bob, I am going to be a cynic here and I apologize in advance if I am getting too personal.  How do you know her true age?

The point is - so many of the girls now look several years older than they truly are...  Now I can understand someone getting into trouble when other people don't present truthful information...

And this girl has been truthful with you?  You didn't know her age.

The day before her birthday, we were talking and she said she would be so happy to finally be 20...  Um, yeah, so today you are still 19..?  Ah, heck...  So people will call me a dirty old man...  But she's worth it..!

But then I met someone who is everything (and I do mean everything!) that I've ever wanted in my life... 

Be honest Bob.  A 20 year girl is "everything" you have wanted in your life?  What do you have in common intellectually?

Seems like there have been several that you said would be "the one".  And if I recall correctly, you had a baby not long ago?

Again, nothing personal, but my advice would be to find a more mature woman if you want to have a successful long term relationship.

• Like 3

Gary D
Posted
Posted

The age of consent in the Philippines seems very fluid compared to the clearcut west. I would think anything under 25 could be on shakey ground.

• Like 1

canadamale
Posted
Posted (edited)
30 minutes ago, Gary D said:

The age of consent in the Philippines seems very fluid compared to the clearcut west. I would think anything under 25 could be on shakey ground.

I met and started dating the so  when she was 21, she turned 26 this year and our relationship  is stronger than ever. 

Edited by canadamale
  • Like 1

Gary D
Posted
Posted
55 minutes ago, canadamale said:

I met and started dating the so  when she was 21, she turned 26 this year and our relationship  is stronger than ever. 

I was talking about the concent laws in the philippines not the strenght of relationships.

Dave Hounddriver
Posted
Posted
6 hours ago, Gary D said:

I was talking about the concent laws in the philippines not the strenght of relationships.

Yes, last year my ladyfriend and I went to the municipal hall office to ask for the list of requirements to get a marriage license.  I looked at the list and said:  "Do we need that letter of consent from her parents because she is already 25 and she will be 26 by the time we get married."  The official replied: "Yes, better to get that because we require that here".

I think he wanted the letter to be sure the parents agreed with the large age difference, and because "its a requirement", and because they just love bureaucracy.  But it is strange that a 25-year-old cannot get married or leave the country without someone's consent.  BTW we did not marry,  I'm just not the marrying kind.  But maybe one day.

• Forum Support
scott h
Posted
Posted
14 minutes ago, Dave Hounddriver said:

25-year-old cannot get married or leave the country

The law might be a bit outdated Dave, but consider that 90% of the bar girls surrounding the military bases in Korea and Japan were Filipina. Human trafficking has been around for a long long time

• Like 1