Foreigners.....that Filipina With You Underage? Off To Jail You Go.

Clermont
Posted
Posted
On 8/4/2018 at 7:21 PM, JDDavao said:

That threw me for a loop since American girls at 17 are usually on their second or third heartthrob. My wife explained that girls here are still babies at 17. They're silly and immature. Just my two pence added to the conversation.

I full heartedly agree with your wife's perception of most PI young girls, we have had a young PI's, girl & boy living with us for two and a half years and not once have their eyes wandered off their school work, 17 & 19.  Don't get me wrong, both have lovely natures, not cross eyed or buck teeth, actually what I've seen of most young PI's that want to get ahead in life, they will focus on a future rather than a pleasurable moment in time. The wife's nieces are all the same, their Tatay keeps his bolo dipped in iodine incase a young buck gets too close. That's my perception of decent young PI girls.

Dave Hounddriver
Posted
Posted (edited)
On 8/4/2018 at 5:21 PM, JDDavao said:

That threw me for a loop since American girls at 17 are usually on their second or third heartthrob. My wife explained that girls here are still babies at 17

Perhaps your wife explained how some Filipina girls, at 17, are often on their first or second child already, since they are such babies.  Not all, I will grant you that.  I am merely pointing out the flaws of generalizing about people based on their age, sex and race.

Edited by Dave Hounddriver

JDDavao II
Posted
Posted
5 minutes ago, Dave Hounddriver said:

Perhaps your wife explained how some Filipina girls, at 17, are often on their first or second child already, since they are such babies.  Not all, I will grant you that.  I am merely pointing out the flaws of generalizing about people based on their age, sex and race.

Pregnancy =/= maturity.

• Like 1
  • Sad 1

Dave Hounddriver
Posted
Posted
Just now, JDDavao said:

Pregnancy =/= maturity.

Neither does the number of days/months/years since the date of birth.  Generalizing sucks is all I'm saying.

I've met some 30-year-olds who are dumber than a certain 18-year old I knew.  I cannot speak to 17-year-olds as I steer clear of them but there isn't as much difference between 17 and 18 as there is between 18 and 30.

Chronological age is just a part of the growing up process. 

JDDavao II
Posted
Posted
9 minutes ago, Dave Hounddriver said:

...there isn't as much difference between 17 and 18 as there is between 18 and 30.

Seems like a generalization to me.

• Haha 1

Dave Hounddriver
Posted
Posted
3 minutes ago, JDDavao said:

Seems like a generalization to me.

Surrender.jpg

It should have been obvious to me from the start that on the stroke of 12 midnight when that 17-year-old becomes 18 she gets a brain and stops being a baby.  I concede :chickendance:

• Haha 1

JDDavao II
Posted
Posted

You can't be too careful when opining. There's always someone ready to chime in with, "Not alllllll!" :smile:

• Like 1
  • Hmm thinking 1

Jollygoodfellow
Posted
Posted
On 8/6/2018 at 5:15 PM, jamesmusslewhite said:

I will continue contributing on forum threads which I previously started such as the Harry Doyle Murder thread. I will no longer start any new threads on the forum, nor will I respond to threads which I have not personally started.

So just self serving topics? 

No need for a song and dance. If you dont want to contribute to the forum just sign out and be gone. I wont lose any sleep over it. :tiphat:

• Like 1
  • Love it 4

FredMac
Posted
Posted
On 8/2/2018 at 5:52 PM, OnMyWay said:

No, no, no.  I'm was not talking about age gap.  I know of many large age gap relationships that work, and usually they work because of things like you describe.  You have things in common that make you click together.  "Things in common" could be a wide range of meanings to different people.  It could be as simple as she thrives on care giving, and the guy needs lots of care.

However, I would argue that the younger the girl is, the less chance the relationship has to succeed.  Doesn't matter about the gap.  A 20 year old girl still has a lot of growing up to do (hopefully).  In most cases, the growth that goes on between 20 and 25 is huge.

My remarks were personal for Bob's situation and I usually don't go there.  However, I have known Bob here on the forum for years and he has shared publicly his relationships, starting long before he moved.  Each one has been described in flowery language as "the one".  I have enjoyed Bob's posts over the years and when I think of Bob, I think if an intellectual person with great life experiences, who is an excellent writer.

For a person of Bob's intellect, I still think he has a greater chance of relationship success with mentally mature women who might have more in common with him.  That could be a wide range of ages, from 18 to 100, but again, less likely at the bottom of that scale.  You may have missed it, but in another thread, Bob said this latest 20 year old does not speak much English and that communication is challenging.

Again, apologies to Bob.  I am not attacking, just offering some old fashioned advice.

It's a very thoughtful post.  I have dated several Filipinas and while being in your 50s and having a gorgeous lithe smiley teenager on your arm is like mainlining pure dopamine, it is really hard to make one of these things work over time.  Wonderful for dates; not so great for relationships.  The thing is, many of the women there take superb care of themselves and women well into their 30s -- particularly if they have no children -- can still look absolutely stunning and there's a lot more mental context and worldliness to work with.  They're also much more likely to be self-sufficient; a 20 year old is much more likely to constantly pester you for money and loads and such.  Personally I find that immediately leads to a bad place, when you have no idea whether the girl actually likes you or is just using you.  (To be sure, in almost all of these relationships, there's an element of both.)  Anyhow, those things coupled with the fact that IME the teenagers are way, way, way, way more likely than older women to have multiple men that they're conversing with (and there's a high likelihood that they may be sending them money as well) might give you some pause if you can get your pulse rate down and think about it rationally.  In addition, bringing back a girl 1/3 your age to the USA is just not socially acceptable and I think that does have to be factored in.

• Like 2

Jollygoodfellow
Posted
Posted
47 minutes ago, FredMac said:

In addition, bringing back a girl 1/3 your age to the USA is just not socially acceptable and I think that does have to be factored in.

not sure why anyone would want to care about what is acceptable to other people.