Foreigners.....that Filipina With You Underage? Off To Jail You Go.

• Forum Support
Old55
Posted
Posted
I did read the law roughly a year ago. If I remember corect it's even breaking the law to be alone with an underaged in a hone/hotel UNDEPENDING of if anything unappropriate is done. And even if it's the gf's child, which can be very unpractical to avoid...    I don't know how to solve it practical if marry a Filipina with underaged child. I don't know if adopting solve the problem. IF it's that "easy" it could be a solution for pedophiles to get around the law...

I'm curious about this as well Thomas. The way things work over there you never can tell so best be err on the side of worse case I guess.

bootleultras
Posted
Posted

check out his FB and his girlfriends fb account , his says he is married or engaged and hers is under his name but is obviously a filipina using the account. The guy is an idiot, he has been living with her for over a year by the looks of it as the FB accounts date back meaning she is 16 and the authorities are well within their rights to bring him in, i read somewhere there were photos found of them that were of a sexual nature?

• Like 1

Jack Peterson
Posted
Posted (edited)

Sitting back and Thinking about this, I tend to think that we are all getting a Little scared of our own Shadows and Big Brother.

That Law is designed for the Purpose of Keeping Underage Girls(Or Boys) from the Clutches of a Certain type of Person. Now it goes on to say 'Who do not have a Blood tie or connection to the Minor" so I think whilst this particular case is apparently going to go Further, I really do not see that anyone should stop taking their niece or Stepchildren of a G/F or Wife to Jolibee,  Dunkin D's or where ever.

If there is a Close Connection ie G/F Wife or SIL's minors That is what life is all about We could actually alienate kids if we get too vigilant.

Other people are quite aware of what is surrounding them and I know that the Majority (All I hope) are not stupid enough to use the connections to another intention.

Talking to my Lawyer, she tells me that many Filipinos are aware of things and that as Parents, in the main. Know the difference between a Family outing and a pure Minor Elder Liaison.  We should not waste our lives being frightened of an Ambiguous law that only ever comes to light when an Idiot decides to get randy (Her words.)

Moral, Got a Connection: Enjoy life. No Connection, Go Home.

"RA 7610 prohibits adults from being with underaged persons, those 12 years old and younger or those 10 years under his/her age, in any public or private place unless they are related by blood, affinity or some bond recognized by law, custom or tradition. The penalty is imprisonment and a P50,000 fine."

JP :tiphat:

Edited to insert passage of RA7610

Edited by Jack Peterson
  • Like 3

Dave Hounddriver
Posted
Posted
 We should not waste our lives being frightened of an Ambiguous law

There are many ambiguous laws and selectively enforced laws here.  Anyone who is chosen to be the victim of any of these laws then may think differently.  If you (collective you - not personal) know someone personally who has suddenly become the victim of any of these laws then one of two things will happen:  Either you will start to believe that you never really know that guy and he must be guilty because the authorities said so OR you will start being frightened of these ambiguous laws.

After doing some soul searching, I can say that I have known dozens and dozens of guys who have stepped over the line and done things that push the boundaries of these types of laws and only a couple who have actually been arrested.  Unfortunately, the few who get arrested for coming close to the boundary get locked away for a long time.  What do I mean by coming close to the boundary?  See my previous post on the housekeeper's 14 year old daughter spending the night.

The ambiguous laws are DESIGNED to keep us frightened and to give the authorities leeway to act on any complaint.  So as long as no one ever complains about you then you are likely to never need to be frightened.  Such is my opinion.  Keep your noses clean people.

• Like 3

Thomas
Posted
Posted
We should not waste our lives being frightened of an Ambiguous law that only ever comes to light when an Idiot decides to get randy (Her words.)
Or when someone get jelous of ANYTHING or want to grab/stop your business...

The Filipino law system is very odd sometimes, so we can't be safe even if we haven't broken any law... E g:

1. A succesful German (?) businessman was put in custody LONG time, because "someone" had said his VISA wasn't in order, although he could prove it was!!!  "Someone" = wife plus a businesspartner wanted to grab hid part of the business for free...

2. An American (?) was found guilty to have done a murder HIMSELF, although he could PROVE he wasn't even in Phils when it happened, but was found guilty because some "vitnesses" said so!!!

3. But not only against foreigners. A Filipino were put in custody over Christmas and New Year holidays, because he had eaten some very CHEAP food in his employer's shop, when he was hungry because of long time work without break. He was guilty, but his error was very small...  

"RA 7610 prohibits adults from being with underaged persons, those 12 years old and younger or those 10 years under his/her age, in any public or private place unless they are related by blood, affinity or some bond recognized by law, custom or tradition. The penalty is imprisonment and a P50,000 fine."
Ism't the tradition to make the foreigner PAY, when he isn't guilty too?   :mocking:    (E g traffic accidents when some Filipino hit your car even when you stand still...)  

Joke aside:  That seem enough to solve the problem in many cases. Perhaps some unclear if the mother is just gf, but clear if you are married. 

The ambiguous laws are DESIGNED to keep us frightened and to give the authorities leeway to act on any complaint. So as long as no one ever complains about you then you are likely to never need to be frightened. Such is my opinion. Keep your noses clean people.
Any jelous person can complain. Hard to avoid that, although I plan to try to reduce it by having UGGLY car and house  :mocking:

I try to keep my nose clean, that's why I study some Philippine law, but it's hard to know of the REDICILOUS laws too. (E g it's counted to breaking the TRAFFICING law, if handing over a leaflet for a datingsite!!!  Some unclear if it's enough if the datingservice is profesional, or if the leaflet spreader have to do it profesionaly. But it's sure against the law if I had organiced meetings between foreigners and Filipinas to try to make them want to marry each other to add foreigners capital and business knowledge to some poor region, which I had planed to as a part of an aid plan I had. But of course I had to skip that plan because of that STUPID law, which stop them with good inttentions too  :1 (103):

Jack Peterson
Posted
Posted

I try to keep my nose clean

Ah! Thomas if life was just that easy but..................... nearly every road has a Corner somewhere, turn it and BANG :rolleyes:

Gotcha

JP :tiphat:

• Like 1

Thomas
Posted
Posted

Ah! Thomas if life was just that easy but..................... nearly every road has a Corner somewhere, turn it and BANG :rolleyes:

Gotcha

Perhaps I will "solve" it by not have the car in my name,

and only drive OFFROAD myself   :lol:

Jack Peterson
Posted
Posted

Gotcha

Perhaps I will "solve" it by not have the car in my name,

and only drive OFFROAD myself   :lol:

Then just don't offer a lift to ANYONE that looks remotely  18

Gratefuled
Posted
Posted

When I first arrived here and saw an old dude with a very young Filipina, I used to think it was his caregiver. I still see it but now I know better.

I'm sure both are pleased with the arrangement. She has security ( for now )  he has a trophy.

Y_U_LIE
Posted
Posted

When I first arrived here and saw an old dude with a very young Filipina, I used to think it was his caregiver. I still see it but now I know better.

I'm sure both are pleased with the arrangement. She has security ( for now )  he has a trophy.

The question is - how's it getting slided? Double standards? Or certain places are more "trophy friendly" than the others?