Foreigners.....that Filipina With You Underage? Off To Jail You Go.

Gerald Glatt
Posted
Posted
My ex wife is now 53

:cheers: Couger? 

• Like 1

Richieboy67
Posted
Posted

My ex wife is now 53

:cheers: Couger?

We were divorced about 10 years ago. She is many things that I probably shouldn't describe here. I'm not sure I would include that term though. lol
  • Like 4

Methersgate
Posted
Posted

gallery_4318_276_107699.jpg

Yikes - that picture is more than four years old! I don't seem to have got much younger...

• Like 4

Jake
Posted
Posted

Yikes - that picture is more than four years old! I don't seem to have got much younger...

Yikes Andrew, consider yourself very lucky!  But I guess any beautiful woman would fall for a James Bond accent

whispering Shakespearean poetry to her ear.  You're the man!

Respectfully -- Jake  

• Like 2

• Forum Support
Old55
Posted
Posted

What a great looking couple.

• Like 1

Markham
Posted
Posted

It's your grand-dad's vest which gives you away! :hystery:

• Like 1

• 2 years later...
FredMac
Posted
Posted
On 7/17/2015 at 2:19 AM, Dave Hounddriver said:

I hope he would forgive me if he thinks I suggested doing that.  I believe there is a difference between kicking him where it hurts and suggesting he keep his wits about him by saying:

Just one more point if I may.  When you suggest:

I really fail to see the confusion.  It seems black and white to me.  To overly simplify it:  Do you believe there are any innocent foreigners in Philippine jails?  How do you suggest they got there?

There's too much drama and moral judgment in this thread.  I have lurked on this forum for a while and people comment as if the sky were falling.

Wanting to deal with plain facts and not sensationalistic innuendo, I asked a neighbor who is a long-time police detective about this.  He echoed the comments way up above on this thread coming from the other policeman.  Here is the simple reality: if she is under 18, you need to have her accompanied by a chaperone -- who is demonstrably over 18 -- at all times.  Don't be alone with her for even an instant.  There is zero problem with being in the company of an underage girl being provided that she is accompanied by a friend or relative who is an adult.  That means that that person could be anywhere from 18 to 115.  It's that simple.   Fulfill that basic, basic requirement and you're not going to get arrested or go to jail.  You may well get some disapproving looks from people -- I have no opinion on that -- but you ain't getting arrested.  Bright-line rule.

This idea that you can't be interested in someone <18 and wait for them to turn 18 is simply hogwash.  In a situation where a relationship arises, that is precisely what you are supposed to do.  You're perfectly free to meet her parents and/or family, and perfectly free to send her messages and so forth provided that the content is PG-rated at most. 

Again, I am not saying you SHOULD do this.  That's up to you and God.  I am, however, saying that in no way have you broken the letter or spirit of the law if you do it this way.

Yes, there is corruption in law enforcement, and yes, once in a while foreigners are treated unfairly.  But come on. 

• Like 1
  • Thanks 1

Jollygoodfellow
Posted
Posted
23 minutes ago, FredMac said:

There's too much drama and moral judgment in this thread.  I have lurked on this forum for a while and people comment as if the sky were falling.

Well it is a 2015 topic but still its a case of your mileage may vary and for those few who are still in jail then I hope that buyer beware is something they continue to think about. :thumbsup:

• Forum Support
Old55
Posted
Posted

Welcome to the forum and thank you for schooling us. You are free to your opinion but know there are no set rules in Philippines.

I have a niece who I love like a daughter but when she was under 20 I never ever left the house with her without my wife or her mother with us. It was for my safety. Drama? Over reacting? Paranoia? Sure maybe..... 

• Like 1

FredMac
Posted
Posted
4 minutes ago, Jollygoodfellow said:

Well it is a 2015 topic but still its a case of your mileage may vary and for those few who are still in jail then I hope that buyer beware is something they continue to think about. :thumbsup:

Sure, but I (very respectfully) believe that your advice has contributed to the stirring of the pot here.   You seem to imply that there is some background standard that's different from the law. And, absent corruption writ large, there simply isn't. 

Please show me one example of a foreigner who heeded the above rule yet was thrown in jail.  I will relay it to the detective.