Foreigners.....that Filipina With You Underage? Off To Jail You Go.

Jack Peterson
Posted
Posted
Just now, OnMyWay said:

Those of a certain political leaning would call it a "celebration of diversity".

:hystery: What? like Jobs for the Boys? :whistling:

Clermont
Posted
Posted

All I can add to this post is, do the crime do the time, no if's or but's.

Hasn't someone got a pimple on the bum that needs discussing. :whistling:

Jack Peterson
Posted
Posted
15 minutes ago, Clermont said:

Hasn't someone got a pimple on the bum that needs discussing. :whistling:

Dunno, have a look:1927_: :hystery:

• Haha 3

• Forum Support
Old55
Posted
Posted (edited)
14 hours ago, OnMyWay said:

Those of a certain political leaning would call it a "celebration of diversity".

This in fact is the case here in the US.

Incidences of US citizen children forcefully sent to Pakistan to marry older men is not uncommon.

Back on topic;

We should all understand the laws scams and potential risks being with younger ladies or even young men while in Philippines.

Edited by Old55
  • Like 2

Gary D
Posted
Posted
1 hour ago, Old55 said:

This in fact is the case here in the US.

Incidences of US citizen children forcefully sent to Pakistan to marry older men is not uncommon.

Back on topic;

We should all understand the laws scams and potential risks being with younger ladies or even young men while in Philippines.

Back off topic again, there is a case here in the UK where a 13 year old girl was tricked into going back to Pakistan to marry and came back pregnant, the mother is currently doing jail time.

• Like 2

JDDavao II
Posted
Posted
On 6/1/2018 at 9:31 AM, Dave Hounddriver said:

One wonders how the US legal system would handle one of their Muslim citizens coming to Philippines and following local Sharia law and thus marrying a 16 year old.  It could get very complicated.

No American needs to leave the US to marry young.

According to the Wiki, in North Carolina, a bastion of those of a certain political and religious leanings, the legal age is 14. In other states that lean a certain way, like Alabama, Georgia, South Carolina and Texas, the lowest legal age is 16.

In other states, there is no legal lowest age but the "norm" is to gain parental and/or judicial consent or both for those under 18.

Again according to Wikipedia, no one seems sure what the age is in Massachusetts. Consent there is usually both parental and judicial but there exists a legal opinion that maintains the traditional common law age of 12 is the lowest legal limit.

And in Vermont, the legal age to marry with parental consent is 13.

Apparently, US Christians, Jews, Muslims, Satanists, and even Atheists can all marry youngsters without leaving home.

Dave Hounddriver
Posted
Posted
1 hour ago, JDDavao said:

Apparently, US Christians, Jews, Muslims, Satanists, and even Atheists can all marry youngsters without leaving home.

Without singling out foreigners from any one country, does it not seem that "do-gooders" from foreign countries, who cannot "fix" things at home, come to countries like Philippines to "rescue" the poor and underprivileged?

I say that with tongue in cheek, having never seen any underage filipinas being truly victimized by foreigners.  Yes, I have seen LOADS of 17 (and even 16) year old filipinas literally throwing themselves at foreigners in hopes of snagging a trophy husband or some such thing.  Are these the "victims" we keep hearing about?  Don't misunderstand me.  I DO get the point that foreigners who say "yes" to these underage filipinas will be carted off to jail when caught.  I just don't see the reason for such extreme punishment.  Give the guy a huge fine and deport him if the "victim" and her family are not claiming any abuse.  It sure seems to me that abuse is way different that poor judgement and "thinking with the wrong head".

I am personally convinced that carting the foreigner off to jail will not change a dang thing.  That 17 year old "victim" will get right back on line to try and snag another foreigner, if she is that way inclined.  All she learned is how to keep it quieter and lie about her age better.  This is all my opinion.  You may each have a different opinion and I would not say you are wrong.

• Like 4

bastonjock
Posted
Posted

if your gf has young children ,you cannot even babysit ?.

Gerald Glatt
Posted
Posted
12 hours ago, JDDavao said:

No American needs to leave the US to marry young.

According to the Wiki, in North Carolina, a bastion of those of a certain political and religious leanings, the legal age is 14. In other states that lean a certain way, like Alabama, Georgia, South Carolina and Texas, the lowest legal age is 16.

In other states, there is no legal lowest age but the "norm" is to gain parental and/or judicial consent or both for those under 18.

Again according to Wikipedia, no one seems sure what the age is in Massachusetts. Consent there is usually both parental and judicial but there exists a legal opinion that maintains the traditional common law age of 12 is the lowest legal limit.

And in Vermont, the legal age to marry with parental consent is 13.

If you say too close to home there are incest laws that very from state to  state

• Haha 1

• Forum Support
Mike J
Posted
Posted
On 5/30/2018 at 2:05 AM, fillipino_wannabe said:

I get paranoid people think I'm a pervert when I'm with my girlfriends 18 year old daughter alone and I'm only 28 lol.

Your girlfriend has an 18 year old daughter.  How old is the girlfriend?  Just curious as normally, here anyway, the man is the elder in an "age gap" relationship.

• Like 1
  • Hmm thinking 1