Purchasing A Vehicle In Or Around Manila

Dave Hounddriver
Posted
Posted
the LTO should not allow the transfe

Does everyone here realize that transfer of ownership is not required?  More than a few are driving around with the ownership in someone else's name and as long as the CR is paid every year then no one cares.

Jack Peterson
Posted
Posted

the LTO should not allow the transfe

Does everyone here realize that transfer of ownership is not required?  More than a few are driving around with the ownership in someone else's name and as long as the CR is paid every year then no one cares.

Yes Dave and this happens all over the World but and don't you just love the But's What if you get stopped, have an accident and Uncle Bill (Police) ask, is This your Vehicle (and to me this is where the problems start) It most likely only going to happen to a Foreigner and that's what we are So.................. :rolleyes: What happens if Violations carry on mounting up while we are happily Riding about in a car that Legally (Morally) we don't actual own according to the LTO, When the Police or collection agents starts to get snappy with Joe Blogs Cos his car was used in a Drive by shoot or any other Type of Violation. I know it happens about the Non Transfer but I think it should be thought about on these lines.

JP :tiphat:

Gratefuled
Posted
Posted

I know just the type of vehicle you need. Cheap, too.

Have you seen how many people they can carry in one of them motorcycles converted to motorized tricycles?

I wish I knew how to copy and paste some of the ones I've seen.

william_c
Posted
Posted

Multicabs,

Have been looking at them, in Butuan, at the local sales outlet for the remanufacturer.

Not impressed at what I see for the money. Many have blistering paint (new spray) at metal joints in the body. 

Hit or miss on drivetrain issues. Brakes, most work OK; parts life, a different question. But, you get a 90 day warranty!

Have not, however, driven many. Price, well, the people haulers run around 200,000 and up.

660cc engine, well, many motorcycle bikes back home have larger engines.

Value, you say, that remains to be seen. Low cost, LTO registered electronically, yes sir.

And, who can argue with thousands running up and down the roads!

Maybe there's one for you and the family? Sorry, no AC or other creature comforts, but I have seen some with

automatic transmissions if you dare. 

Just a casual observer here reporting my observations. 

• Like 3