Bank Of America-U Doing Any Business With Them In Pi?

william_c
Posted
Posted

Just noticed, on a city map, Bank of America appears to have a branch in Butuan City. If that is true, I presume by opening an account there I can transact business (read borrow and or deposit) USD there much like being in the States? It would be great to move away from a foreign owned bank and move to one that has mega branches in the US as well. And yes, I can not get away from the Peso as implied.

Any thoughts or experiences on this matter. Anyone doing business with BOA here in PI?

Tx

Gratefuled
Posted
Posted

I dunno. I am pretty sure that even if you have accounts in B of A in the states and in Pi that there would still be a fee for changing USD to Pesos. The more you change, the more you pay.

Good Luck

• Forum Support
scott h
Posted
Posted
Anyone doing business with BOA here in PI

Not with BOA, but before we moved here I noticed a Citibank located not far from where we were going to be setting up. So I opened an account with Citi bank USA, had my pension direct deposited there thinking all would be no problems. Turns out that Citibank USA and PHIL are only loosely affiliated. Fact was that I as a guy on a BB visa could not even open an account there. The only nice thing was that electronic transfers were relatively easy. But only the wife could have an account.

So bottom line is, I suggest you go to the BOA branch your thinking of and ask A LOT OF QUESTIONS :1 (103): . Don't assume that because they share the same name they have the same business practices.

good luck :cheersty:

• Like 3

• 3 months later...
JerryNRea
Posted
Posted

Just noticed, on a city map, Bank of America appears to have a branch in Butuan City. If that is true, I presume by opening an account there I can transact business (read borrow and or deposit) USD there much like being in the States? It would be great to move away from a foreign owned bank and move to one that has mega branches in the US as well. And yes, I can not get away from the Peso as implied.

Any thoughts or experiences on this matter. Anyone doing business with BOA here in PI?

Tx

Thanks for the info. I have Bank Of America account here and would like to find a way to conduct banking there. If you confirm that there is a BoA branch there, please shre with me the location.