Arriving In The Pi's? (First Visa.)

There's-a-chance.
Posted
Posted

When I arrive at Manila Airport Immigration I will be travelling alone. (My g/f will travel ahead to spend more time with her family.)

What period of time is the Visa likely to be granted for?

What will be the cost of such a Visa?

Do I need to show any certificates for injections/vaccination?

Lastly (for now) what injections/vaccinations would forum members recommend please?

Thanks in anticipation,

There's-a-chance.

Jollygoodfellow
Posted
Posted

wow, first time these sort of questions have ever been asked.

• Like 2

Dave Hounddriver
Posted
Posted
What period of time is the Visa likely to be granted for? What will be the cost of such a Visa? Do I need to show any certificates for injections/vaccination? Lastly (for now) what injections/vaccinations would forum members recommend please?

There's a chance you will find this info by searching the same page you visited to post the questions.  We do like people who do a little of their own research and then ask for clarification if something is not clear.  But since you asked, 30 days . .  free . .  and no.  Members have said on previous threads that the injections and vaccinations they recommend are the same you would routinely get anywhere else in the world.  Nothing unexpected to worry about.

• Like 1

chris49
Posted
Posted

Normally in the UK, under National Health, you visit the GP and they have a list of recommended vaccinations for each country.

I had a few falls off the bike and did come up with some dirty wounds, so had them cleaned up at local hospital. Ended up getting Tetanus booster and Tex Toxoid for the antibodies. So update that one and your Hepatitis update.....carry the documentation with you.

Visas? Just fall in line, estimate your length of stay and pay the appropriate amount.

There's-a-chance.
Posted
Posted

:unsure:

wow, first time these sort of questions have ever been asked.

Wow am I a pathfinder JGF? :unsure:

Dave Hounddriver thank you for the clarification. I did a little research on this page but it made my head hurt. I must learn what all the abbreviations used on this forum mean.

There's a chance you will find this info by searching the same page you visited to post the questions.  We do like people who do a little of their own research and then ask for clarification if something is not clear.  But since you asked, 30 days . .  free . .  and no.

Tetanus booster and Tex Toxoid for the antibodies. So update that one and your Hepatitis update.....carry the documentation with you.

chris49 thank you for that, all good stuff and I'll check out a UK wesite for the other stuff.

Jollygoodfellow
Posted
Posted

Ok

You appear to be a UK citizen

Just arrive in the Philippines with a passport with more than six months validity. Ensure you have an onward or return ticket to anywhere in the world or you will not be allowed on the plane to travel to the Philippines.

When you arrive you get 30 days free on arrival and can extend this up to 36 months, more info can be found in this forum about that but as long as you know it's 30 days before your first extension is due. Also just to add, I'm not sure how long you are staying but if more than 6 months you must get an exit clearance before you are able to leave. More info at Bureau of immigration site here, http://www.immigration.gov.ph/ Note at time of posting this site is down but the same info is posted throughout this forum. 

There are no laws to say you must have any injections and you will not be asked for any proof of such. In my opinion just ensure your Tetanus is ok and you should not need anything else.

Advice, make sure you have adequate travel insurance.

Advice #2 Easiest way to search for info on this forum shown in attachment below.  :thumbsup:

post-1-0-41072300-1420271602_thumb.jpg  post-1-0-94961300-1418714191_thumb.jpg

• Like 1

There's-a-chance.
Posted
Posted

Ok

You appear to be a UK citizen

Just arrive in the Philippines with a passport with more than six months validity. Ensure you have an onward or return ticket to anywhere in the world or you will not be allowed on the plane to travel to the Philippines.

When you arrive you get 30 days free on arrival and can extend this up to 36 months, more info can be found in this forum about that but as long as you know it's 30 days before your first extension is due. Also just to add, I'm not sure how long you are staying but if more than 6 months you must get an exit clearance before you are able to leave. More info at Bureau of immigration site here, http://www.immigration.gov.ph/ Note at time of posting this site is down but the same info is posted throughout this forum. 

There are no laws to say you must have any injections and you will not be asked for any proof of such. In my opinion just ensure your Tetanus is ok and you should not need anything else.

Advice, make sure you have adequate travel insurance.

Advice #2 Easiest way to search for info on this forum shown in attachment below.  :thumbsup:

Brilliant JGF thank you very much, yes I still retain a UK passsport, the travel insurance box is ticked, I'll sort out the jabs soon.

(I'll do some homework on searching the forum......thanks for the advice.) :tiphat:  

Jollygoodfellow
Posted
Posted

What will be the cost of such a Visa?

First extension to take you to 59 days

post-1-0-46623700-1435910552_thumb.jpg

Extension of stay beyond 59 days

post-1-0-89237500-1435910664_thumb.jpg

Now without getting into more details there are 6 month extensions available but I do not know how long you intend to stay so wont bother go into it. 

• Like 1

There's-a-chance.
Posted
Posted

Thanks for that JGF that's a great help. My stay duration in the first instance will be just a couple of weeks, after that I am considering me and the g/f escaping the cold Cyprus winters for a couple of months in the City of Santiago area. After that who knows, I'll have more to say after my visit this Christmas.